Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Heh, I haven't changed my avatar in ages, good a time as any.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Would you? It's really been bothering me.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

OK, then.
    Yes, I think men wearing hats at all times, especially indoors looks stupid. Like SadieKate, I was raised to think that it's inappropriate to wear a hat indoors, at work, etc. Yes, I'm old fashioned. It just seems like some men never take the hat off, and I just wonder when it became a fashion statement. Neither my DH or DSs wear hats, except maybe at the beach.
    I totally understand wearing a hat for running or other outdoor sports. I just see a certain type of woman around here, who is dressed somewhat sporty, but doesn't look like she's been sweating at all or exercising, wearing a running cap or a baseball cap.
    Don't get me wrong, I like baseball, but that does not extend to wearing a Red Sox hat! OK, my rant is over. My Nike hat really does keep the sun off of my face, but I actually get a headache, if I wear any hat more than 30 minutes. And, yes, even with my short hair, I will get hat head.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    I was raised with the rule that men don't wear hats of any kind at any indoor event like a dinner, church, reception, business meeting, etc. So, no, they don't look hot when they look rude in any kind of hat. "A gentleman is as a gentleman does."

Outdoors, fine! The bigger question is why does my husband not get hat head and I do? It isn't fair.
    Oh, OK....I get that. But walking around Home Depot or at a the zoo, hats are cool, right? (Do men really wear hats in church or at business meetings?)

And yes, why do I get hat head when my hair is almost as short as my husband's and he doesn't?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Hats can be cool in so many ways! Just not in a fine dining establishment. Leave it at home with your Oregon Ducks T-shirt. I haven't been to a church in a long time but I've seen guys wearing baseball caps walking across the parking lot. I can't imagine them carrying that thing around the entire time (and we're not talking about the traffic controller persons).

I have a great photo of my hubby out fishing with 2 inches of snow on his wide-brimmed Stetson. HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    (Do men really wear hats in church or at business meetings?)
    They wear hats everywhere. Men wear hats with stupid slogans about drunkenness, to court for their DUIs. I wish I were kidding.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    They wear hats everywhere. Men wear hats with stupid slogans about drunkenness, to court for their DUIs. I wish I were kidding.
    That has GOT to be in Florida, right?

Oh, and just for good measure:

HOT!

GLC, you and your hubby are a very good-lookin' pair!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    HOT!

You just made me snort water on my notes!

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    GLC, you and your hubby are a very good-lookin' pair!
    Aw, thanks!

Point of note - that was 4 or 5 days without a shower and yes, we are wearing matching hats (bought on our honeymoon)! We looked better than we smelled, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I understand wearing a hat while running, but why do I see women around town, wearing these caps as they are out and about? And, they're always getting into an Escalade .
    Don't get me started on men who wear hats as a fashion accessory.
    LOL, you are getting blasted for this
    I, too, wear hats all the time. I have messy hair, it's just that way, it's curly and/or wavy and the curls and the waves fight with each other all the time. I also wear glasses, so find it a PITA to have prescription sun glasses, it's easier just to put a brimmed hat on and take what shade I can get.
    I drive a MINI, though, not an Escalade.
    (another reason I wear hats is that I train dogs. That may sound silly, but it's actually quite valuable - my dogs don't freak at someone wearing a hat. Dogs I train are used to it, too.)
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

Not taking it personally, believe me.
    I never considered that some people wear hats for eye protection, as I wear sunglasses if I even step outside. I guess that comes from 23 years in the sunbelt. I really can't see well without the sunglasses.
    SadieKate, your comment about the Oregon Ducks T shirt/cap made me snort, and Oak, well, I don't think that just applies to Florida, like wearing a hat into the courtroom. I am sure it happens here in strait laced Massachusetts.
    GLC, you were camping... that is outdoor activity in my mind, so the hat looks natural. Just because I wouldn't wear one, well, it doesn't matter.
    When I run in the summer, the hat just makes me sweat. But, I do wear it canoeing, as I feel really exposed to the sun.
    I look kind of crappy in any hat or even a headband. I'm what my hairdresser calls a "head sweater" and wearing a hat just makes this worse. I hate having my picture taken when x country skiing because of this. I actually look better when photographed in my sunglasses, as for some reason, my eyes always look droopy when photographed. This is why I don't post a lot of pics here.
    No offense taken, you guys are lucky my DH didn't give his opinion on this subject.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Well, to go back to the topic on hand....

The SweatVac hat lived up to its billing. It vac'ed all the gobs of sweat off my head and everything was a soaking was a soaking wet mess at the end of my run yesterday (warm and very humid run). Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing -- I sweat lots - but none of it was running down my eyes so I guess that's good. I just looked like a drowned rat at the end of the run.

FWIW, STP has a few running hats on sale. If you get their Deal Flyer, you'll likely see these today cheaper than what the link shows.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I got the hat Yellow used for her 50 miler. I wore it for a 3 mile windy run on Saturday. It stayed on and didn't feel heavy on my head. It wasn't super hot, only mid 70s, so I'll need to try it on a warmer day. It comes in lots of colors!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com