Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Bike over night

Bike over night

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a little over a week till I head out with some friends on a bike overnight or over nights. This is a first for all of us. I hope it is a first of many.
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmame View Post
    I have a little over a week till I head out with some friends on a bike overnight or over nights. This is a first for all of us. I hope it is a first of many.
    Are you doing on overnight ride (i.e., riding all night)? Or are you riding somewhere to camp or a hotel?

Either way, have fun!!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

We are riding during the day. We are not all cyclist but are interested in short tours that I've seen called bike over nights or sub24 hour over nights. It's my way of testing out the idea of touring without getting so far away that I can't be rescued by friends or family. If all goes well I would think a week long tour would be in my future. And then...
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

How did it go? I've done some solo sub24 and am trying to rally some friends to participate this summer. If not - I'll go by myself.
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

The ride went really well, I think we all did pretty well. The trip started out a little damp but then cleared up and we had two amazing days of riding! We rode about 52 miles and stayed at a B&B. Did a shorter route, a loop the second day and then did the 51 mile return.

I would have liked the whole group to ride together more before the trip.
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

glad you had fun, it is always interesting riding with a group. Was it mixed or all women.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

There were four of us, all women. None of us had done a Bike over night before this one. Only one of us had much road cycling experience. I had been through a bike maintenance class. Two of us had no cycling experience at all. One did a fair amount of training the other did not. The amount of pain after the first day was equal and opposite to the trip preparation time.

I only had to change out one flat tire!
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

Sounds like you were prepared. Did you enjoy and are you planning any other similar rides? Good for you and thanks for letting us know.
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Glad you prepared and had a group of women to keep you company.

Did you take any pictures that you want to share with the rest of us who would like to live vicariously through your adventure???
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike