Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    We rode there today ( took a much needed day off from work) and we got in a little over 20 miles. There was a fair amount of climbing involved and for whatever reason the deeper sandy areas were hard for me today. Most of the trails were great and fun.
    We rode Ridgeline today for the first time after Wednesday night's storm. The rain washed lots of sand and gravel onto the trails. I've never seen it so sandy. I wonder if the same thing happened at Buffalo Creek and that's why it seemed harder to you.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    We rode Ridgeline today for the first time after Wednesday night's storm. The rain washed lots of sand and gravel onto the trails. I've never seen it so sandy. I wonder if the same thing happened at Buffalo Creek and that's why it seemed harder to you.
    Good idea...maybe that is what happened. I have never ridden Ridgeline, how is it? I looked it up online and it looks pretty fun. From the directions it looks like it is about 30 min south of NW Denver...does that sound about right to you? Maybe we can meet up there sometime (if I can find it )

Ridgeline is a lot of fun. It's about 10 miles of trails with some nice variety. None of the technical stuff is beyond intermediate although there are some short, steep hills that I can't ride up yet.

The trails are actually about 35-40 minutes SW of downtown Denver. The trails are only 2 miles from my house which is why we ride Ridgeline so often.

I was planning to invite you and Jess and any other TE'ers who wanted to join us on a Ridgeline ride some weekend after we do Buffalo Creek. We could come back to my house after the ride for some cool pasta salad and lots of water
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

I may not be able to make it on the 1st..DH and I may be out camping. I would love to live that close to some mtn biking trails..oh well Hope we can meet up and do some riding there or someplace else. Lets all keep in touch.

So what about 7/22, or 7/29? Both are Sundays (as opposed to sundaes)
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

I'm running a 14.5 mile "half marathon" up Vail ski slopes on the 22, but I'll be free on that Saturday if I don't totally kill my legs (but that race is going to hurt regardless). I can do Saturdays most other weekends too, but it would be afternoon and after running so I'd be even slower and it would be warmer.

There has to be one day that works, right?

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Those both sound good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    So what about 7/22, or 7/29? Both are Sundays (as opposed to sundaes)
    LOL..Thanks...now I want some icecream.

Jess, would Sunday the 29th be better for you?
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

LOL..Thanks...now I want some icecream.
    How about after our ride
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

Sounds good!!!

Jess..you are quite the running machine

I think you both are impressive runners! I'm not even running right now. Maybe again in the fall.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

Sounds good!!!

I signed up for the Pikes Peak ascent...I'm paying the price.

But I'd rather suffer moderately now than really suffer during that one!

Also finally enjoying a running season that (knock on wood) isn't currently hampered by broken bones First since 2009.

7/29 works for me! Maybe I'll have to come try Ridgeline in the meantime. I also totally fell for the Marshall Mesa/Doudy Draw area yesterday, if you guys are ever up near Boulder.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I could make that sometime Jess. We live aobut 25-30 min from there. If memory serves me right I think we kind of live close to each other..I am in NW Denver. Would any evenings work for you guys for any of the local trails?

Sounds like 7/29 is a date! Any other TE'ers want to join us?

We sometimes ride Ridgeline after work since it's so close to home but I don't usually do well with driving to ride late in the day. Let me know if you set up an evening ride, though, and I'll join you if my day hasn't been too stressful.

We've done Marshall Mesa a couple of times. I like riding it clockwise which puts the very fun, rocky, downhill at the end. I'm not so crazy about riding up the rocky section although I may be better at it this year now that I'm a lot stronger.

Jess, PM if you're going to come out to Ridgeline before the 7/29. I'll ride it with you if I'm free.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB