Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2011 cannondale caad 10 4 - Good Deal?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello Everyone,
    I'm pretty new to cycling but I fell in love with it from my first ride. I currently have a nice hybrid bike that I love but would really like to get a road bike. I figured since it was my first road bike I shouldn't spend too much so I've been watching Craigslist.
    I ran across this bike today and of course it's $500 more than I had planned to spend but I checked out the reviews and think it might be worth the splurge. The guy says he spent $2,000 last April and was asking $1,300. I offered him $1,000 and he responded yes immediately (darn, should have started lower!).
    It makes me a little nervous because he is so eager to sell it, plus I really didn't want spend that much. I still have alot of other stuff I need, like more shorts!

Here's the ad (notice he doesn't spell caad right, craigslist makes me paranoid lol):
    I have a cannondale cadd 10 4 for sale. It has sram rival components. I put only 500 miles on it last year. It's a size 52.

His pic is below but the images that come up when you google it are gorgeous!

So, I'm really nervous but excited about this bike. That little voice in my head is yelling at me for spending a grand. Especially since I know so little about bikes. I would love everyones opinion.

Good bike/deal, or not?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caad104.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	14497  
    Last edited by reux; 05-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Have him meet you at your favorite local bike shop (LBS) and see if he has a bike receipt so that you know that the bike was not stolen.

Have your LBS see if that size fits you.

Pay your LBS to look for bike problems, ie. frame cracks, old parts.

Pay your LBS to do a bike fitting

That's what I would do if I were to buy a bike from Craigslist

2012 Specialized Amira Elite, upgraded carbon handle bars, Jett saddle 143mm switched to 145mm 2012 Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow saddle

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle

Thanks TigerMom! He agreed to meet me at a bike shop. He's an hour from me so it won't be a shop I know but that's fine.
    Any one out there have this bike?
    On a side note I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. I've learned so much about riding all because someone on this forum took the time to help someone else. I dont know anyone else who rides so this has been a valuable source of information for me. So yeah, I owe everyone here a huge thank you.

I have the exact carbon equivalent--the SuperSix Rival 4...love it. What a deal, if it really only has 500 miles on it. Wow!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2