Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amira vs Ruby

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tons of free parking in Scarsdale Train Station Commuter lot off of Garth Road. From Ardsley Road, head towards the Scarsdale train station. Right after you see the entrancy to the Bronx River and cross the bridge, make a right at the stoplight by the 7-11. Make a left (I think its the 2nd left) at Grayrock Road and then make your first left to access the commuter train parking. Read the signs closely as one half of the lot you need a permit but you do not need a permit for the other half. This is where I always park. I may see you there depending on what time my son's soccer game is.

You can also park in White Plains by the County Center, tons of parking but you have to pay.

Bronx River Parkway

Thank you for the parking recommendations.
    Are you going?
    We are a 9 yr old boy on a lime green road bike and a mom 50+ on a White Cannondale hybrid.
    Scott Contessa Foil 2012
    daVinci Joint Venture Tandem 2011
    Burley S&S Couplers Tandem
    Cannondale H300

No problem! I will be there tomorrow, probably around 10:30-11! I'll be parking in the Garth Road/Scarsdale Commuter Lot (make sure you're in the correct lot, it is literally parallel to the train tracks with a chain link fence separating the tracks from the parking spots and read the signs to make sure that you can park there. The front of your car, should be up against the chain link fence with a stone wall behind you and there's a big sign.)

I'll be the lady (late 30's) on the pink ruby with a black backpack on and a lavender jersey. I'll be on the lookout for you and your son!

Bronx River Parkway

We have a change of plans. (son prefers a playdate with his buddies...I understand!)
    I am going to ride the D/D+ Westchester Cycle Club ride tomorrow.
    I will be riding my black/purple Scott Contessa Foil.
    I will be the one in the back of the group trying to keep up!
    It should be fun, you should join us! The cue sheet is on the web site so you can get an idea of what the ride is like.
    Hope to see you otherwise have fun on the Parkway. I will probably ride it next weekend.
    I am trying to figure out my new Garmin tonight so I can download the cue sheet in to it. My 9 yr old is at a baseball game right now and I need his help!
    Looks like nice weather tomorrow for a bike ride.
    Terry
    Scott Contessa Foil 2012
    Cannondale H300

Bronx pkwy

Going to Bronx pkwy after all
    Will be on mr black/purple Scott
    Purple/yellow jersey
    Scott Contessa Foil 2012
    Cannondale H300

love my Ruby

I just had to put a plug in for the Ruby. Mine is a 2008 Ruby Comp with a triple. I know they have made some changes to the bike since I got mine but mine handles well, climbs well and it felt "right" from the very first ride. I am finding the Specialized line to fit me better then the other brands. Might be part of the test ride set up the bike shops are doing. Should I find a reason for a new bike sometime in the future I will start with the Specialized and everything else will have to fight for my affection. <G>
    Deany

"A girl can never have too many bicycles"

2008 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2012 Specialized Vita Elite
    2013 Specialized Myka Elite