Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

In the bike Market

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey All,
    I am in the market for a new mountain bike! I currently have a 2002 specialized enduro and am looking for something that climbs a bit better, but still has plenty play for an all mountain bike. I have been looking on Craigslist and found a 2007 women's stumpjumper FSR expert and need some input...My current specialized is a small and I am 5'5" about 135lbs. The bike I am looking at is a women's small and I can't find much if one the difference between a women small and what I am guessing is a men's small. Any advise would be helpful on the matter and any other suggestions on women's all mountain bike would be helpful :-)
    Thanks

Hi Clarke2! Sorry no one replied to your thread, if you want more info on the difference between a men's small and women's small see if you can find the geometries online. Normally this is available even for older models. I pay attention top tube length and standover, not all there is to bike fitting but for a nonprofessional it can give you an idea of whether the frame will feel bigger or smaller to you, generally.

I have a santa cruz julianna and she's been a good bike to me. Can't lie, I'm tempted to start searching for a 29er....on my wish list

There are frame differences and size differences. Talk to a specialized dealer. You may also be able to find archived specs online. I am 5-3 and ride a w's Med 2008 FSR/
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I'd say if your old bike fit you well and you didn't have issues, don't veer too much from that geometry. I have e-mailed a Trek rep before (found the e-mail on their website) asking for geometry specs on a 7-year-old road bike, for which there was no archived info on their website. I bet if you can't find it on the Specialized website directly you could e-mail someone and have them send the geometry specs to you! Then, make sure the ones you are considering buying are similar in at least top tube length and standover height as atombessy says. And of course, make sure you get a chance to ride it at least a little bit before you buy.