Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Hi again,

Joe Friel also has a book I've found useful called "Cycling Past 50." He makes some accommodations for age ... recovery can take longer, etc, I always like having more than one point of view.

Suze
    Thanks for the recommendation, I will see if I can get it via interlibrary loan. I didn't even learn how to ride until I turned 50 and have been plagued with over-use injuries. Part of that is due to stubborness but it is good to have different perspectives. I want to be that 85 year old woman riding into the sunset if I am blessed to live that long!

Just keep in mind that the book by Friel is aimed at male "racer types." It does have useful information, but I found it to be both a bit outdated, with not enough about women.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Leave in the AM for Franklin Tennessee! Did 44 miles last Saturday. Took me awhile, but finished pretty strong. Have been keeping it light this week so far. Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. Changed my route @ Harpeth River Ride to the 44 miler. Might get to see Chris Horner, Ben King, and Matthew Busche! We even bought a new camera for this event, so hopefully I can post some pictures.
    Don't cross the river if you can swim the tide...

2011-Cannondale Synapse Alloy5 WSD with 105 and BB30!

Quote Originally Posted by KatzPajamas View Post
    Leave in the AM for Franklin Tennessee! Did 44 miles last Saturday. Took me awhile, but finished pretty strong. Have been keeping it light this week so far. Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. Changed my route @ Harpeth River Ride to the 44 miler. Might get to see Chris Horner, Ben King, and Matthew Busche! We even bought a new camera for this event, so hopefully I can post some pictures.
    Have fun! Which ride is this? I spent close to a decade in that area (north of Franklin) and the terrain along the Harpeth can be quite varied. I didn't ride in those years but loved to drive the road along/near it due to the hills and curves :-)

Hills, hills, and more hills! The Harpeth River Ride was more like The Magnum or The Mean Streak at Cedar Point...minus the power source to take one up and down the hills of course. I turned off the 42 mile ride to end at 22 instead. WOW! We did ride 24 miles on the Natchez Trace Parkway earlier in the week. The Trace hills were more drawn out and seemed much less steep and it was a very enjoyable ride. I highly recommend the Trace for a cycling trip!
    Back to work tomorrow
    Don't cross the river if you can swim the tide...

2011-Cannondale Synapse Alloy5 WSD with 105 and BB30!