<rant on>

I'm so disgusted.

To recap - my beautiful Madone (project one, 6.2 with Di2 - this ain't no Walmart bike!) has had problems. I had a blowout at 35 mph because of bad rim tap installation. The LBS has scratched my frame, handlebars, stem and stem cap. They also said, repeatedly, that they "went over the whole bike" - and about 300 miles later my crank fell off.

Trek in Wisconsin seemed to be helpful - at first. Now, they are ignoring my emails and phone calls. When they do respond, I get only partial answers. Questions like "Where are my handlebars being shipped to? Where is my stem cap?" go unanswered.

I was told that I have to live with the fact that the first shop scratched my frame. So, I'm going to another LBS (who knows the situation & agreed to help out) but at this point, I'm so aggravated that I'm ready to just pay for whatever Trek won't (like handlebar tape - oh but where ARE my handlebars?? ).

BUT, I'm not going down without a fight. I'm going to post this on Angie's list & talk about it to anybody who asks. Someone on another forum suggested I post it on the Trek Facebook page. Good idea? What can it hurt?

I keep thinking that if my last name was Armstrong, I wouldn't be having these issues.
<rant off>