Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Fenders for Bike Friday

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello everyone! Has been a long time since I have visited, but a ride on my Bike Friday Monday has me wondering about fenders.

My NWT has the standard planet bike fenders that BF sells on its website. Because I didn't have a lot of room to work with due to it also having a rack, I could not install one of the supports for each side.

When I started riding after an extra long vacation/winter, one of the sides of the fender rubbed against the front wheel. I was able to fix this by bending the support a little, but it just wasn't stable. The fender was moving more freely than I would have liked.

So, just a mile later, I tried a skill I should not have and fell off the bike. Now both fenders are cranky. I know that I can adjust them (and need to - along with checking out the whole bike - since I crashed good), but I am still not thrilled with the quality of the plastic fenders.

Are there alternatives I might consider? Maybe installing something on the bottom of the rack itself in lieu of a fender? I know BFs are very different in geometry, so I am not sure what others may or may not be doing.

Thanks in advance for answering a newbie question.
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67

I have decided to pull of the fenders and rack for a while and ride "naked."
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67