Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Job hunting & social networking

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi gang!

As you may know, I've been part of the "unemployed mass" for about a year.

I'm trying to increase my social/professional network on LinkedIn. If anyone is interested in also expanding their network, please look me up on LinkedIn "Gena Ratcliff" located in Dallas/Ft. Worth TX.

Also, if you too are looking for work, message me. I will keep my eye out for you as I search the cyber work place.

Thanks!
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Best of luck spazzdog.

Are you willing to relocate outside of your area?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

No... Just moved here a year ago when I lost my job. My folks needed help around the place that they could no longer do due to illness. Dad subsequently passed in feb, so I'm the help and company for s-mom.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Just sent you a message on LinkedIn. Tough market out there.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

I'm going to plead slowness for a moment... I just don't "get" LinkedIn. Everyone I link to I know who they are and what they do anyway. So, what is the point?

Thanks

I.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    It's supposed to increase one's circle of business/job related links. More "serious" than Facebook since there is option to post resume.

I refuse to post my resume: it's personal information and don't want the chance of identity theft. I also found out a real face to face colleague who worked for the same previous employer: she lied about her job history --she claimed to hold a particular job at a time..that I was filling the same role for same firm.. Sick.

I noticed that the concentric circle of contacts in LinkedIn works like Facebook in a way: complete strangers not even remotely related to my profession / career interests. So I refuse the link-up I get auto-emails from people who want to "join".

It's ok if one runs a business and if you have a website /business blog. It's another way to reach people/a market.

Spazz: I feel for you. I was job-hunting for 18 months, before my present job. In a different province.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Spazz: Hang in there. I've spent a couple of year period u/e when I just first starting,so I know what it's like,
    And I know about aging parents. My joke is my kid is 84 years old and lives 1000 miles away. Hopefully, one day, I can recitfy the 1000 miles part.