Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

May/June Weight Management Challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next two months of our weight management challenge!

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 11th of May(or whatever day works best for you)
    (3) what your goal weight is for the 29th of June - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart over the weekend.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I'm in.
    Weight 162.3 (well, that's what it was this morning)
    No set number as a goal.
    My goal is to continue doing bodyrock.tv 4 days a week and continue building muscle and definition like I have been.

Thanks, Posse.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I am in - at 135 this morning. Considering all that I am doing I've no set goals right now but I need this accountability.

My intention this summer is to continue to change my body composition as I can while increasing riding and mountain biking activities. I still would like to see 130 but I am starting to think that might be unrealistic given everything.

I'm in still. Helps keep me focused. I am 115.4 today, happily, as riding and salt intake sent my weight up to 118 on Tuesday. Goal is 112....
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I'm in for maintenance. Yesterday, I was 105.4 before I left for my trip. I've been up a bit this week and I can't figure out why. I haven't seen 104 in 10 days.
    Goal is to maintain 105, not to see over 106.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Another in for maintenance. Today I am 103.5. Goal is to maintain within two pounds of 104. And to do like Catrin, work on changing my body composition.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

This morning was 142.2 after a very bloated week.

Goal remains 140.

Someone please tell me that menopause will mean the end of monthly-water-weight-gain-for-no-good-reason. I've been doing this for 35 years now and I am beyond over it.

And thank you again for doing this!!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Someone please tell me that menopause will mean the end of monthly-water-weight-gain-for-no-good-reason. I've been doing this for 35 years now and I am beyond over it.
    I sure hope so. My pattern of bloating over the last few years has been rather odd. Thanks to the Pill, I get my periods on a Friday. On Wednesday of the week before my period, I bloat up by at least 3 pounds. I then spend Friday going to the bathroom. By the end of the following week--when my period actually starts--I've bloated up again and usually spend the following Tuesday going to the bathroom. So, all told, my bloat lasts a week and a half out of a four-week cycle, no matter what I eat or drink or how much I exercise. This is unacceptable!!!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

153.5 today.

Goal is 145 by mid-July.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    I sure hope so. My pattern of bloating over the last few years has been rather odd. Thanks to the Pill, I get my periods on a Friday. On Wednesday of the week before my period, I bloat up by at least 3 pounds. I then spend Friday going to the bathroom. By the end of the following week--when my period actually starts--I've bloated up again and usually spend the following Tuesday going to the bathroom. So, all told, my bloat lasts a week and a half out of a four-week cycle, no matter what I eat or drink or how much I exercise. This is unacceptable!!!
    I also get mid-cycle bloat. Very annoying.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I will be here again. Mainly for maintence..I have been going between 138-141. Hope I can stay there. I am changing the way I eat though because I think the paleo way was making me feel very jitery, decreased my memory and I was not sleeping well at all. I was eating paleo for several months ( probably 90 % paleo) and could not figure out why I was so anxious for no reason and my memory for simple things was gone. I did some research and it confirmed what I already knew.

So far after 1 week of eating more carbs I feel far better and have been sleeping again. My boss was telling me one of her co-workers at her old job had the same experience with the Paleo way of eating and had to stop. I know some of you strong paleo followers will say just eat more fruits and veggies to up my carbs. I tried that but still felt very anxious...like I was about to give a speech or start a race. I felt that way all of the time. After reintroducing rice and whole wheat noodles back into my diet I feel great and can actually remember my patients' names again.

Oh..my weight now is 140
    Last edited by solobiker; 05-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.

I should do this again...

Start: 172
    Goal: 165

I have this crazy idea that I might see if I can enjoy/minimally hate running. We'll see how that goes...

I am going to sit this one out. The heat, and my ensuing lack of tolerance for running, is making me crazy, and I can't lose an ounce. I will still read the thread, and I might chime in from time to time, but it messes with my mind to have my failures documented in a spreadsheet. I can't seem to lose here, and even 1 lb. fluctuations in the wrong direction mess with my head when I have to' 'fess up to them here. It's hard enough in private.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Start weight: 145

Goal weight for the end of June: 144

Maintenance is going well. I was going to put 145 as my goal weight but then I figured it would be good to have something to aim for.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

This happens to me every year! In winter I am 112-113 and now I weigh 119! In winter I train short and intensive, in spring I did a lot of base (endurance) training: long hours, low intensity. Also in spring and summer I ride a lot and travel a lot. That means to hell with dieting and restrictions. I don't feel heavy, I am ok on the bike but I would like to go slowly under 115 again This is not going to happen because I'm afraid to lose power, and before and after every ride or race I recover by carb eating.
    This is not fair and everybody tells me that it's not possible to gain weight if I ride this much. But the scale does not lie. I should be stricter in my eating and I should eat more protein and less carbs (especially sugar) and more raw vegetables.
    Anyway, tomorrow I have a race, so I'm going to engulf on some pasta now.