Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

dirt road touring

To disable ads, please log-in.

We had our organizational meeting last night for our Owyhee Scenic Bylands ride in June. This is a 104 mile ride on a dirt/gravel road. Looks like about a dozen people will be riding, we are going to take 3 days, 2 nights so we can have time to explore as we go.

What is way fun is all but two of the riders are over the age of 50

Quite the combination of bikes as well, Surly LHT's for many, full suspension Mt bikes for others, throw in a Salsa Fargo and me on Sky and it will certainly be an adventure.

For Research purposes, we are also playing with tires and tire width, with several people volunteering to test various Schwalbe tires and I am going with the Grand Bois Hetre (really, really hoping they are sturdy enough) The only downside is the Bike Hermit sold my Rivet Pearl saddle and the replacement is backordered till mid june so now am in a quandary about what to use.

Will certainly post a follow up.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Cool. You guys ever think about doing the Macgruder Corridor? ( also an Idaho classic dirt tour)
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

yes, on the list, just don't have a date yet, perhaps late summer. Haven't ever ridden it so am looking forward to that to. This is going to be the year of Adventure Touring
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    yes, on the list, just don't have a date yet, perhaps late summer. Haven't ever ridden it so am looking forward to that to. This is going to be the year of Adventure Touring
    This sounds like so much fun! I am really looking forward to your ride reports

This sounds like an awesome ride!
    We got back into mtn biking last year, and over the winter discovered I'd rather go explore a dirt road than to bomb down a trail. Looking forward to the ride report

2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Put the Grand Bois Hetre's on Sky, road about 15 miles, I think I am going to enjoy them immensely - can't believe how they just roll. Will take them out on some dirt and gravel this weekend. Only downside is I had to take my fenders off. Went ahead and used a different wheel on the front as well as I don't think I need my generator hub for this adventure
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com