Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Dream Mountain Bike- Fate 29er

To disable ads, please log-in.

No more bike buying for a few years since I have spent too much already in the past 6 months (However, my husband is very impressed with unathletic, clumsy me).

I am a 5ft 1in woman and I am dreaming about the Specialized Fate Comp Carbon 29er. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a lot of reviews for short women MTB 29ers, especially carbon ones (due to the weight issue, aluminum is still too heavy for me). Even the men's versions rarely have a XS available.

Any female bikers have experience on Carbon 29ers? Which ones and why do you like that particular brand?

A lady can dream, can't she?

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle

I'm 5'1.5", and just can't see myself with those big wheels. The extra weight, getting them rotating, the higher effective gear ratio, no thanks. Now 650b interests me. I would like to try that one day. Less rotating weight but with some of the larger wheel advantage plus the gear ratio is not as high all other things being equal. But I am not looking for a new MTB right now as I am very happy with my 26" carbon FS bike. Maybe in a few years, as there are rumors that Specialized and other manufacturers are starting to look at the 650 so I am going to wait while they hash that all out. I think that for me at least, the 650b would make more sense.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL