Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

As my office is down the stairs from my house, no bike to work BUT Grant Petersen of Rivendell fame will be in town promoting his new book "Just Ride", so we are riding over to the event and then going with the group to a local brew pub for dinner.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Just getting over a torn ligament in my ankle. First short ride in over a month last night. But, I think riding slowly into work and just taking it easy Thursday will be just the ticket.
    Bagels and coffee for those who show up to work on bikes - nice of the workplace to do that and I'll do anything for free food (Graduate School does that to you, even 20 yrs out, I still will do anything for free food).
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

the city of new orleans actually held its annual bike to work day in April, maybe because its already unbearably hot in the month of May. It was great ride with a great turn out. To all those participating, Enjoy!!
    Trek 2200 WSD <3

I'm out. I woke up with wrist pain. No work for me. I haven't missed a day of work in years, but it would be stupid to not let it rest.

Fessing up, I wouldn't ride anyway. It's pouring and windy.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I was just realizing that tomorrow is the one day this week I won't bike, because I'm going to Montreal. I'll use just about every other form of transportation except boat! But our local Bike to Work Day, May 24, I'll be here (and therefore on a bike).
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Not officially a Bike to Work Day here in my city, but it was a beautiful morning to ride to work on an 'unofficial' Bike to Work Day.

Serendipity

"So far, this is the oldest I've ever been....."

I rode today, as usual. Pretty ordinary ride in, but I'm looking forward to the ride home-- the 4-lane road that parallels the MUP will be closed for regatta prep which means I won't have to deal with rollerbladers, joggers, strollers, etc, etc, etc. Yay!

Just got an email that Philly's official bike to work day is next Friday but I have jury duty next Friday. ugh! I might take it easy and ride the fixie in street clothes, but I also might just take the train. Although, showing up sweaty and disheveled might reduce my chances of getting stuck on a jury...hmmm. Bike to work day here was pretty weak last year (Albuquerque, Portland, Spokane were all WAY better) so I guess I wouldn't be missing much.

Oh cool. I just found out bike to work day is May 18th here. I have another shot.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Not bike commuting but heard this on KFOG this morning. How many routes have a song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8intGV0jw
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Good ride for me today. I usually try to ride several times a week.

We had a great morning for a ride yesterday and I rode with a group estimated at 400 at the start, though the red lights broke up the groups along the way. I've been riding to work a few times a week, but usually alone so this was a lot of fun!

Trek: did they play the wiggle song on Kfog? Funny
    Last edited by NadiaMac; 05-11-2012 at 05:47 AM.

I'll be doing my 6th BTWD this Friday. Unfortunately, this year I feel like a poser since I have not yet commuted at all this year.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by HillSlugger View Post
    I'll be doing my 6th BTWD this Friday. Unfortunately, this year I feel like a poser since I have not yet commuted at all this year.
    I thought BTWD was for people who didn't bike except in May.
    A friend of mine said he always drove his car on BTWD because it's about "alternative transportation" and for him, biking & walking is normal and using the car is alternative!
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Here is me taking part in BTWD, it is quite rare to get a picture of both me AND the bike at the same time It was chilly...and DARK when I left home. I've a very different set of bike clothes to wear on the ride home.

Our city dosen't start Bike To Work Week until May 28th. There is one station I hit on my commute in the morning on Wednesday, and another one I can go out of my way to hit on Friday. There is another close one, but it dosen't open until 8:00am by which time I'll already be at work >: (

I am really exited about getting a free muffin, haha.

I bike to work everyday anyway, it's faster than taking public transit and I don't have to worry about missing a connection if I'm 5 minutes late.