Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bike to work day May 10- who's in?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm riding both ways. In the am, I am joining a giant group ride that draws a few hundred people on BTWD. In the pm, riding back to SF with co-workers. About 12 miles each way.

Who else is riding on BTWD??

I live too far and through too many dangerous neighborhoods to ride the whole way. I will make a commitment to drive in, park in a lot and ride in the rest of the way. There is a church about 5 miles out that will hold my vehicle while I am at work!
    Touring this great country, one State at a time! Michigan Summer 2013.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Woot!!
    Everyday is bike to work day for me. Our official city Bike to Work day with prizes and big group rides is May 18th, but I can't join since that's the last day of school. Oh well, I miss it every year. One of these days when I retire I'm going to join all those schlubs biking to work en masse.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I am primarily a commuter at this point. I'm taking part in the national bike challenge this summer over at endomondo. Last week I got in 28 miles which was a record for me. I hope to only go up from there.

I'm a new rider (in the past year) and still don't have any real cycling gear besides a helmet but I'm fixing to change that this summer as my mileage goes up and I spend more time in the saddle. I ride a 7 gear hybrid Raleigh Bike.

I'm also involved with a local group that is working to get bike lanes in my city.

Count me in! My first time was last year, and I wasn't even working. Rode my bike to the start, got lots of goodies, then did the ride to city hall, and then home to sleep in for a bit! This year I am working, but I can at least go to the start line and get some more goodies before I bike to work.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Every day is bike to work day for me too. We're holding Bike to Work day on May 24 this year. That's because the hospital contacted me a couple weeks ago and said "We want to do something for bike safety. Got any ideas?" and I suggested they do a Bike to Work Day, but since the official date was too soon to pull it together, we just picked a different day.

We're starting a TS101 class that same day. I'm really excited about that.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

I'm in.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Our city (Calgary) just had Bike to Work Day this past Friday. I rode as usual (nearly daily) into work. Stopped on the way to have pancakes, sausage and coffee. When I got to city hall, there were a few politicians and staff that were heading out for a bike ride to...the place where I had pancakes.

It was a media event which was important, because the city has earmarked $28 million over 3 years for cycling. There is an aggressive plan to put in more bike lanes.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I'm in!

I'm also doing the national bike challenge thing, Philly is using that as their commuter challenge this year, and our team won all three months last summer so we've gotta defend that title

I'll be riding, as I am a daily bike commuter, too. I co-captained this event last year as well as our local Bike Commute Challenge month. My co-captain and I are hoping to pass on the team captain hats starting with the Bike To Work week/day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

I realized this morning that the SF Bay area's BTWD is a week ahead of the national WTWD (moved because the Tour of California is going through SF that week!) , so that's why everyone else seems to be doing it on May 17th!

I'll know later today if I'm in. Normally, I have one client on Friday, @ 9 AM. It's a doable, if a little long 18.3 miles one way to his house. I've already scouted out an alternate for one intersection that may be an issue for me on the return... uphill light/left turn with lots of traffic. The alternative has a long climb, which adds about 4 miles, but that's ok. There may be another alternative to that
    I have another appt scheduled 15 minutes after that, but we are trying to get there tomorrow instead.
    I do miss commuting.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Working a convoy stop in NOVA.

I ride everyday cuz driving in the Bay Area is a nightmare. I hope not to be bitter when the bike car on Caltrain swells.

2012 Specialized Amira Apex Compact

2011 Redline 925

I am in on the 17th, actually I am considering doing it this Friday as well if the weather cooperates. I've an appointment at my gym after work, but it is literally right on my commute route, and they have secure bike lockers.

Sadly, due to when I have to be at the office, I can't ride in with a large group that will be leaving from my area. Oh well, I wouldn't be normally commuting with a group anyway...