Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm going with wind and then, rain. I don't tolerate either well. I am learning to ride through a little of both but if it's too much, I just can't force myself to deal with it. I have always been a "fair weather" kind of girl, in all things.
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.

Rain, wind, temps below freezing or above 90-something, depending on the humidity. In summer, I usually ride early in the morning (have to be out by 8, back by 10 or 11), though there were plenty of weekdays when I rode during the day. I'd get out at 10:30 or 11 and come home at 2. How I did it without frying my tiny brain, I don't know.

The wind especially this year because my new "home" trail isn't nearly as protected from the wind as the one I rode last summer, and even more so now because if I push too hard a gear (as I tend to do in crosswinds in order to feel stable), the abdominal muscle I injured back in November throws a fit.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Wind, rain and cold temperatures does me in. I hate rain, even when I'm not riding so it's 100 times worse when I'm on a bike. I dislike being wet and having my clothes stick to me which is why I hate going in water. I also detest wind because my ears hurt. However, cold weather is the worst, especially because my nose won't stop running and I hate riding with when my nose is constantly running. I don't mind heat but humidity makes it hard to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jyyanks View Post
    Wind, rain and cold temperatures does me in. I hate rain, even when I'm not riding so it's 100 times worse when I'm on a bike. I dislike being wet and having my clothes stick to me which is why I hate going in water. I also detest wind because my ears hurt. However, cold weather is the worst, especially because my nose won't stop running and I hate riding with when my nose is constantly running. I don't mind heat but humidity makes it hard to do anything!
    I won't set out to ride if it looks like it might rain, but getting caught in the rain isn't too bad, provided it's just rain (no thunderstorms). I felt like such a badass after completing a 34-mile ride that I spent most of being soaking wet after I got caught in a downpour.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Rain first and wind second. I just don't like to ride in the rain at all. I can take a brief shower that just happens but I still don't like it. Winds of 20 mph+ turn me off from riding also.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

It is hard to avoid riding in the wind around here but I try not to get out in winds over 30mph and flat-out refuse to ride in the rain because I don't want my lovely bike to get wet
    '90-something Schwinn Mesa GSX

the height of love bug season. Uggh.

I've had to just deal with the wind. With open fields there isn't any way around it. It never goes away and I figure what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I don't like rain and I hate having to drive 15 minutes somewhere to just ride a bike w/o traffic. I like the peacefulness of the bike trail but I hate that it's 15 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany1 View Post
    I've had to just deal with the wind. With open fields there isn't any way around it. It never goes away and I figure what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I don't like rain and I hate having to drive 15 minutes somewhere to just ride a bike w/o traffic. I like the peacefulness of the bike trail but I hate that it's 15 miles away.
    I'd hate that too. I'm fortunate here in that I can access off-road trails and quiet country lanes in 2 minutes riding or about 7minutes walking.

It's very reassuring to read that so many people have something that they don't like on a ride. Thank you for all the replies
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.