Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Toronto war on bikes

To disable ads, please log-in.

An article from the BBC on Toronto and its mayor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17914504

The guy is awful, a complete caveman: "My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it's their own fault at the end of the day."

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    The guy is a buffoon. Alot of Torontonians just cringe over the guy..

He is very insecure..a national comedy show likes to lampoon politicians (gently) and most politicians willingly appear on national tv...because it's a great opportunity in a light -hearted way to get wide exposure.

This mayor refused, in fact in slammed his house door in the face of the comedy actress (who was dressed as Princess Slayer). Filmed on camera for national tv.

I know Toronto, I lived and cycled (latter 14 yrs.) before moving and still go back to visit family.

He isn't helping the image of Toronto. It's a fairly cosmopolitan city with all kinds of interesting stuff going on.
    Ironically people in Toronto wished that City of Calgary's mayor (who has created for himself a personable intelligent profile) Nenshi Naheed was Mayor in Toronto.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 05-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

When is his term over?