Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Overwhelmed by all the short choices!

To disable ads, please log-in.

The only shorts I have that haven't disintegrated are old enough to drive.

I've been looking at shorts for days it seems and I'm just overwhelmed by all the choices. I will be riding a road bike about 14 miles a day during the week, and 28 or more miles day on the weekend. I'm short and carry most of my fat in my thighs. Any recommendations for me to try?

Maybe a good place to start is to look for shorts with no grippers on the legs and only use a wide band of material.

That will narrow down your choices. However shorts are so personal in choice, like saddles. What works for some, don't work for others.

I am really short and my favorite shorts on ones that come with shorter inseams. I called Team Estrogen and they gave me several examples. You might call them and ask for ideas.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I second the recommendation for shorts with the wide band at the bottom. I have found one by PI and another by LG. A great option for us without thighs of steel as they do not create the oh-so-unsightly thigh bulge. I wish they made short shorts like this but I have only seen this in the longer shorts.
    Leah
    www.tinycircles.wordpress.com
    2012 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD C
    2009 Surly LHT
    "I thought of that while riding my bicycle."
    ~ Albert Einstein on the Theory of Relativity