Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Capris for Running

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any recommendations for caprs for running/jogging for bigger gals? Thank you
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I get my running capris at Target. They're cheap (the Champion brand) and hold up fairly well.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

What do you mean by "bigger gals"? Size large, extra large? I wear a large in tights and my favorite capris are Under Armour. I know they are pricey but I found these on the clearance rack at Dicks two seasons ago and love them. I won't pay full price for them.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    I get my running capris at Target. They're cheap (the Champion brand) and hold up fairly well.
    Jealous. I love their tights but they don't pass the see-through test with my round bottom. I always have to wear shorts over them. Or just cross my fingers that I don't have to tie my shoes in front of anyone. They do last forever, though.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I got a pair of Sugoi running capris here on TE that fit well. Not super cheap, but not super expensive, either. I wear them for all kinds of things.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Size XL. Thanks for the suggestions. I will check Target out and Under Armour(going to the UA outlet store next weekend).
    2006 Trek 7100

I recently bought the Sugoi Jackie capri and the Brooks Infinity Capri. The Brooks are more compressive and are made of a thicker material. I like the Sugois but the part under my knee doesn't stay put very well. That said, I prefer them for warmer temps and indoor runs on the treadmill.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by surgtech1956 View Post
    going to the UA outlet store next weekend.
    Ooooooh. Neato burrito.

+1 on the UA capris. I never liked spandex so much until I tried running in mine, and that's coming from someone with years of spandex experience via bike shorts.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

tangent girl, which UA capris do you have? Thanks for the input
    2006 Trek 7100

I have a couple models of capris that I like. I have Nike ones that have a little waterproof pocket in the back that is nice for things I don't want to get wet, like cell phone or money. I also have Pearl Izumi capris with a big mesh pocket. Super comfy. My biggest criteria with tights is seams that will hold up well to my beasty thighs. The PIs are great for this. I've been wearing their compression running shorts for years, too, since they are so durable.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have four pair of Nike running capris. Two I bought at D1ck's, one at Kohls and one on clearance from the Nike website. LOVE them. They are super comfy, highly forgiving in terms of size and the zip pocket at the rear is a huge plus for me as a place to stow my car key. One of my pairs has mesh behind the knees too, so I like those for summer running.

They've all gotten a LOT of use and so far, are holding up very, very well. I'm amazed that the inner thighs have not disintegrated yet, but they still look great.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a pair or Fila(from Kohls) and C9(Target) and didn't like the look. Its probably that I'm just not to wearing something like these. Which ones are heavier - more compression like? What else do you wear for running, besides shorts? Thank you
    2006 Trek 7100

Running skirt. I love them.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Running skirt. I love them.
    What do you love about them?
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

I am not sure. Maybe that they are not constricting, and I always feel put together when I wear one. By looking at the 2 I have, at first I thought there was no way either would fit or not be tight in my regular size. I am petite and have a small-ish waist, but I have the usual cycling thighs and a bit of padding around my hips, despite my small size. I don't ever wear regular "jogging" shorts, as they make me look awful: wide. I have some longer Nike running shorts that look like bike shorts and those are OK, but the running skirt is really best for when it's warm or hot out. I'm not running now, but I wear these for walking or hiking, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura