I am so excited - just got my first road bike on Friday but I had a big mental hurdle around riding clipless. I am used to clipping in and out from spinning classes - yet the clipping out/fear of falling on the road bike was feeling pretty overwhelming.

At the suggestion of my LBS, I got the bike outfitted with Look Keo pedals, and took it out yesterday for the first time to practice riding clipless. I was doing fine until I tried to stop and talk to a friend. I clipped out with my right foot and all was well, but I failed to then lean the bike to the right and bam! I fell and got a big scrape on my knee. Luckily she had a band-aid and I got back on the saddle, with my ego more bruised than anything else. The bike was fine

Today I took it out on the trails and some city streets, did my fair share of clipping in and out, and I didn't fall at all! I expected it to be so much harder and more frightening to get the hang of it. I am not going to get cocky or anything, but for me so much of cycling involves overcoming mental barriers - and now this one does not loom so large.

So, all this to say that if you're afraid to ride clipless - it really is awesome. I can definitely see the improvement in my pedal stroke and efficiency on the road. If I can do it, anyone can!!