Life can be so frustrating, so at long last I feel healthier than I have in many years, in the last 4 months have varied my daily exercise to either, walking, cycling, badminton, swimming, minimum of 30 mins to 1 hour.

I thought I would try running, I don't think I even ran as a child, or if I did I was always last.

Found a super Pod Cast called Couch to 5K, downloaded it onto my iPhone and off I went, don't laugh but it was 5 mins warm up walk, then 60 secs run, 90 secs walk and so on, until I had run a grand total of 8 mins!

21 April, it was a beautiful day and I was so excited, two days later the same thing but this time the weather was awful but I didn't mind, total elation and fascinated I was running BUT having trouble with my knee, something that has never happened before.

The days went by and still painful knee, visit to chiropractor to be told it was coming from my sacroiliac joint, OMG, more pain with the treatment.

Knee still painful, despite RICE! I now wonder why the hell did I even bother trying, what with my son calling me weird and my partner telling me to stick to riding and to be careful, even my chiropractor told me to check with my consultant from when I broke my back, to find out if it was OK to try and run or not.

Fortunately it did not ruin my 62nd birthday having a couple of nights away down in wet and windy Devon, despite hobbling about, so I thought I would share a photo that I took, note deck chairs all empty!

OK rant over, being serious, it is only a slight hiccup, I will soon be back to 'normal' but perhaps not running.