Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

FS: Shimano SPD 105 Clipless pedals w/cleats

To disable ads, please log-in.

Selling my clipless pedals as I've never picked up how to use clipless pedals w/o crashing. They are Shimano 105 PD5700s. The cleat part is pretty beat up due to learning and having to walk home once. Asking 55 for everything. If you need more pics, happy to add them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2102.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	14537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2112.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	14538  

Don't give up on clipless. I'd pedaled thousands of miles on mtn. SPDs before switching to these exact same pedals when I first switched to road shoes for my road bike...I hated them! I could not get out of them on several occasions (I had them on the lowest resistance and lubed the crap outta them in hopes that that would help) and finally said f*ck it. Switched to Look KEO Plus pedals (which are not tension adjustable, but have very low tension) and have not had even a single fall. I was totally not impressed with Shimano pedals. A friend of mine also has the 105s and has issues. Another woman here on TE also had issues unclipping.

The interesting thing was we all purchased them within about a week of one-another, so I wonder if there was a bad batch, or something. DH even clipped one of my shoes onto the pedals while he had my bike on the repair stand and couldn't get over the torque required to release the shoe--it was greater than the force required to release his Keo Classics on the highest tension setting.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I haven't given up clipless this year. I bought a super comfy pair of men's size 45 Pearl iZumi's and Crankbrothers Candy pedals. They work SO much better and I can get in/out without falling over or getting stuck. I love them on my Fargo.

I had no idea the shoes were too small given I'd never worn clipless shoes (no wonder it hurt to ride) as the guy said they fit just fine. The pedals are really nice, it was just hard to clip in/out of.

The shoes/pedals would probably be great for someone learning and didn't want to worry about ruining their shoes/pedals. I had no idea they made covers either or they wouldn't be scuffed up.

If they aren't even worth selling, I can put the shoes/pedals back in the parts box. Or if the price needs lowered, no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I know what you mean about shoe size. In street shoes, I'm a women's 10.5. Road shoes, women's 43.5. Men's are too deep and wide in the heels. Makes them hard to find! My last pair were men's 43. Didn't ever fit well.
    Give LGs a try. I went from women's Sidis that were WAY too narrow in the toes, but WAY to wide in the heels to men's LGs that fit like they were made for my wide, low-volume, narrow-heeled duck feet. Like a dream. Same size as my Sidis, but they are a completely different fit.

My street shoes (and running shoes) are generally 39 or so...8-8.5 (either wide or shoes like Dansko or Keens that run wide). My cycling shoes are 40s.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Having used SPD's and Look style pedals...the easiest by far and the best for me are Speedplay. You can clip in either side and you can get them with various amounts of "float". Love 'em.