Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Trisuit N00b...

Trisuit N00b...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've just got this 2XU trisuit that's got a fair amount of compression. The padding feels weirdly wide at my groin and the stitching feels like it's cutting into the flesh there. It also fits a little wrinkly around there like some parts of my butt and thighs are too small but other parts are too big. Don't know if that makes sense. Is it supposed to feel a little tight there? I get that this suit has compression but I'm a little worried that the size is wrong even though the rest of it fits perfectly. I've never worn a tri bottom with anything stiffer than a microfleece chamois so have no idea if it this is normal with 'regular' padded chamois.

And a little off topic but, yipee! First swim class on this Wednesday. First step in a looooong journey to doing an Ironman. *does happy dance*
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Alexis, it might just be the brand. Some brands of tri suits fit certain body shapes different than others. I must've ordered 5 different tri suits before I found one that fit decent.

Have fun at your swim class and good luck on your journey.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

So I was looking REEEEAL close at the chamois today and realize something - the part of the chamois that has been rubbing and poking at my skin is actually caused by cruddy seams. For some reason, someone has chosen the part of the chamois which will come in contact with the most sensitive part of my groin to finish off the stitching which involves layering stitches over each other so they become a kind of knot there. I'll post a picture to give a graphic idea when my camera works. But now I feel like the princess and the pea, just one teeny tiny, should-be-insignificant detail causing so much trouble. Actually, now I'm at a loss as to what to do. It's definitely not comfortable to race in, but I can't get rid of it either. Is this a normal thing??
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay