Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first solo tour

still have not gone.

To disable ads, please log-in.

This has not been a pleasant summer. My dad passed away on June 7. My DH went into the hospital a week later for 5 days and is now home on IV antibiotics and we are in the process of moving! yikes.
    I painted our new house and am packing and loading most of our stuff myself. DH can't lift more than 10 lbs for 6 weeks. I haven't been on my bike since June.

So here is my plan. August is mine. I will swim every day. I will ride where ever I want, and before I go back to work, I will do a short tour. Plans change, chin up!
    Touring this great country, one State at a time! Michigan Summer 2013.

I'm so sorry about your father, and I hope your DH is better soon. I'm sorry the summer hasn't gone as planned, but I love your attitude. May August proceed without a hitch.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    So sorry about your father, and your DH with his illness (and moving- yikes the stress).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowspoke View Post
    So here is my plan. August is mine. I will swim every day. I will ride where ever I want, and before I go back to work, I will do a short tour. Plans change, chin up!
    LOVE your attitude!! August will be YOUR time!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

So sorry to hear about your loss and DH's illness. One idea that DH might like, and with all that's going on with him, might make it easier for you to take the time for this -- if he can travel, how about he meets you for the overnights - if it's just 40-50 miles, he can drive to the campsite and you can spend the time together. You get your riding in, and he won't worry as much.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Oh, so sorry to hear this news. I know how incredibly difficult it is to lose a father.

Please do take good care of yourself. Loss of a loved one and moving are two of the toughest stressors on a person, and you don't need to get sick yourself. I love your plans for August, but don't overextend yourself.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Here it is September. My lovely road bike is sold in hopes of finding a better touring bike. I started back to work and beginning tomorrow may need to bring a cot and sleeping bag to work for a few weeks! LOL Yes, it will be crazy. I'll use my bike to release when I get home before dark.

keep on pedaling!
    Touring this great country, one State at a time! Michigan Summer 2013.