Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Bad cyclist

Bad cyclist

To disable ads, please log-in.

So on my commute home the other day a big SUV I couldn't see around was turning right, about 30 ft in front of me. After it turned I almost collided with a cyclist going against traffic, riding in the street. A busy street. All I could do was yell, "what the hell?!?" as we evaded each other..... jeez

got a lot of those around here too.

Not all who wander are lost

and around here, they are invariably out riding in dusk , in dark clothing, without lights or any reflective surface, usually going against the traffic on the access roads for the freeway. Talk about being eligible for removal from the gene pool.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Wrong way cyclists without lights are especially annoying.

Today, I was driving through a very highly congested avenue here in Orlando and I saw this lady driving her very pretty girly bike (nothing wrong with that) across the avenue without a HELMET. That was the first thing that caught my attention (plus the color of the bike to be honest with you). Then, she stopped in an intersection while waiting for an 18 wheeler to cross (not bad) then she took the main avenue again driving at the right side of the road (probably a one feet wide?) with no bike lane available. Of course she was stopping traffic. When I looked at her closer, she was also wearing headphones!! Are you kidding me? You crazy lady from FL please, don't do that again!
    Mariela
    '12 Trek Lexa SLX