Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oooh...happy(er) crotch!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did my first ride in a new pair of Gore 3/4 length tights (Power 2.0). My girly bits were SO much happier with these...and it wasn't the chamois shape or fit, but the material. It didn't seem to absorb my chamois butter, so everything stayed slippy-slidey, instead of feeling sandpapery. Wow, such a difference! I have never worn Gore bottoms, before, but I love my Gore windbreaker and I think I may have to pick up a pair of shorts, now, too. Everything ends up feeling dry and raspy and rubbed raw with every other short I have tried (and we're talking PI, Shebeest, Craft, Sugoi, LG, Giordana, Terry...lots of money spent).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have had the same experience with the fabric that Gore uses for their chamois. It's incredible... even without chamois cream!

It's just too bad that they make their chamois so fricken HUGE. I love the fabric, the shape and the density...they are just too big for me.

Gore bike wear is some awesome quality stuff, though. My favorite jerseys are Gore!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Someone should have told me about Gore years ago! Is there anything else you've been keeping from me...?

I ordered a pair of Oxygen shorts from TE last night--I can't wait to try them.

I found the chamois on the tights I got to be about the same size as the PI elite chamois, so a little big, but not annoyingly so.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Zoom: Can you do a full review on TE of your tights?

I am going to run, not walk on over and get me some Gore! I am so tired of having sore girly bits!!
    Trek Madone - 5.5 -Brooks B-17

Trek 2.1 WSD - Brooks - B-17 - Trainer bike;

Gary Fisher - Tassajara (MTB) - Specialized Ariel

Quote Originally Posted by ivorygorgon View Post
    Zoom: Can you do a full review on TE of your tights?

I am going to run, not walk on over and get me some Gore! I am so tired of having sore girly bits!!
    You mean in the store? Unfortunately the ones I picked-up weren't a style that TE carries.

I had read this review prior to ordering them and I really strongly agree with it. The chamois felt very stiff and diaperish at first. But after wearing and washing again it's already noticeably looser.

I didn't find them to be as long as I might have liked...mine definitely don't come to mid-calf. Mine only came just below the knee--and I do NOT have a long inseam (I think it's about 28" from crotch to ankle). But they were just perfect for a windy ride in the low-50s. If it had been a little colder I may have used knee-high merino wool socks for a bit of extra warmth.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

IG, I did remember that TE carries a short version of the tights I have. If I end up not liking the Oxygen shorts I'd probably pick up a pair of the Power shorts...they're cheaper, anyhow.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I have the Oxygen short and the Zippity Doo bib short and pretty much love the chamois in both once I am on the bike. As I mentioned, it's a little big for me, but it doesn't bunch up or anything so it's bearable. Feels a little couch-like, but not really in a bad way. I LOVE the density and fabric though - particularly for long rides.

I've not tried the chamois in the power shorts.

I will mention that the other issue I have with Gore shorts is the length. They are quite long so the leg band (which is not sausage-y and stays put) often gets me behind the knee. I have freakishly short legs though, so YMMV. I really should invest in some Gore bike tights - that would solve the 'too long' problem!

Yeah, the 9" inseam is an inch or two longer than what I like...if I had long legs I think 9" would be perfect, but they are likely going to nearly come down to my knees. I can deal with that if it means not having angry hoo-ha, though.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Yeah, the 9" inseam is an inch or two longer than what I like...if I had long legs I think 9" would be perfect, but they are likely going to nearly come down to my knees. I can deal with that if it means not having angry hoo-ha, though.
    Absolutely!

I did my first ride in a new pair of Gore 3/4 length tights (Power 2.0). My girly bits were SO much happier with these...and it wasn't the chamois shape or fit, but the material. It didn't seem to absorb my chamois butter, so everything stayed slippy-slidey, instead of feeling sandpapery. Wow, such a difference! I have never worn Gore bottoms, before, but I love my Gore windbreaker and I think I may have to pick up a pair of shorts, now, too. Everything ends up feeling dry and raspy and rubbed raw with every other short I have tried (and we're talking PI, Shebeest, Craft, Sugoi, LG, Giordana, Terry...lots of money spent).
    I haven't tried their bottoms, but like you, I do have one of their windbreakers. Really excellent quality, and waterproof. I'd give their bottoms a try.

Quote Originally Posted by MGM View Post
    I haven't tried their bottoms, but like you, I do have one of their windbreakers. Really excellent quality, and waterproof. I'd give their bottoms a try.
    If I end up liking the shorts I may have to start calling myself a Gore wh*re, heh. I crack myself up...
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

If I end up liking the shorts I may have to start calling myself a Gore wh*re, heh. I crack myself up...
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

I have a friend who works for Gore, I'll have to tell her that one!

Okay, another thing on the list to try, though I'm a little nervous about the thickness of the chamois.

(I have to wonder if I could even fit into their clothing, though. It looks like the shorts are okay, but the jackets might be on the snug side...and I don't even have boobs!)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I have a Gore jacket that I think is pretty similar to this one. I LOVE it. It's super light, but warm and breathable. I'm a 34D (my bust is about 36" or so) and a M fits me well.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3