Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sewer Projects...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sewer projects everywhere I look! I've mapped out several possible commuting routes and every last one of them, including one that WindingRoad suggested, is full of sewer projects that have the neighborhood streets torn up. I can get TO work, getting home is another question as they are shutting down a lot of these neighborhood streets during the day and narrowing the available traffic lanes on the major streets that go through this area.

Oh well, I've not yet given up but am trying to find out when the work will be completed, and working with someone to try and find a different route entirely. There just aren't many good ways to get from the NW side of Indianapolis to the downtown area by bike.

What if you drove over to the Monon and left from there? It would still save you some gas and let you get in some commuting? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    What if you drove over to the Monon and left from there? It would still save you some gas and let you get in some commuting? Just a thought.
    I've not giving up looking for other options, and the thought of driving home from Broad Ripple isn't a particularly good one. If that turns out to be my only safe option I will...I actually hadn't thought of that option though so thank you - that can be my "backup" plan.

I want to find out what route the usual CIBA ride from the Eagle Creek area will use to commute downtown for Bike to Work Day - that might be an option.

Hey Winding Road, I think that I will just stick with 56th to Knollton - 56th does get narrow and fast - but I see other cyclists on that section so it is my hope that people are already accustomed to look out for cyclists in that area. I had hoped to ride it with a couple of friends but that isn't going to work out in the forseeable future so will just try it the next warmish Sat. morning...