Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: walkie dog

walkie dog

To disable ads, please log-in.

For those of you who use the walkie dog, are you prepared for failure? I was riding today and all of a sudden I noticed that Briar was running up near my font wheel, jsut cruising along! The rope part had broken. I always carry an emergency leash and today, I am glad I did! We were only 2 miles from home but if I didn't have that extra leash, it would have been a real challenge getting the dog and my bike home!

I tried cycling with my dog Orson around the neighborhood once. It ended up with me on my face on the pavement. My pup is way too easily distracted. I love to hike with him though.

Gordy is terrified of being attached to my bike, so I gave up on using the walky-dog.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Briar is a FREAK about "his" bike. I can't do any maintenence on it without him getting antsy. If I stand too close to the bike in the yard, he thinks we are going riding! He feels the same way about my road bike and I have to sneak out without him so he doesn't drive everyone in the house crazy while I am gone! He is a biker to the core!
    Touring this great country, one State at a time! Michigan Summer 2013.