Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Worst Year of URIs ever!

To disable ads, please log-in.

As I am sick again, and I call on doctor's practices, I think this is the worst season of upper respiratory infections that I have seen in a long time. I do believe the unusually warm winter has contributed to this.

I eat healthy, take some supportive supplements, but this is ridiculous. Of course, I just got back from Boston, and the wonderful air on the airplanes does not help. And I took Airborne!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

The warm weather means increased allergens, hence an earlier allergy season. Allergies, left untreated cause uris.
    The trick is to to pre-treat the allergies. This year, you would have had to start in February.
    Airborne has been proven to do nothing.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I swear by black elderberry extract. If it were only placebo effect I don't know why nothing I tried before that ever worked for me. I pretty much have to get on it as soon as I start feeling a little run down like I'm going to catch something, and if I do, either I won't catch the cold at all, or I'll get well super fast.

But +1 on the allergens. I treat all of mine year round. It takes months to build up to a full dosage, so there's really no point in going off shots once the season is over (never mind there's something I'm allergic to in every season anyhow ).
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I :heart: my neti pot. It has saved me from countless URIs. I used to deal with at least 3 sinus infections every year. Now I maybe get 1/year, at most. Flushing that gunk out before it gets a chance to fester is golden, as is using Sudafed ASAP.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2