Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Dog seat

Dog seat

To disable ads, please log-in.

I torture this animal...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1334099383443.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	14345  

such an abused dog, it is clear to see. I have tried so hard to get something to take my large dog along on rides but have not come up with anything that will work. I do not want to have to drag a 20lb trailer for the mutt to jump in when she is tired. I tried the saki seat for the smaller pup. It scratched my legs for the long rides I wanted to get myself exercised.

Hqppy trails to your pup

fetchspot

All I have to say is, Doggles!!!

I torture mine too by fastening him into a harness so he can safely ride in the car.
    I have a bike trailer that he would fit into, but I haven't worked with him yet to have him be acceptable to that situation.
    Timbuk 2 posted a bogus big dog backpack om April fools day.

Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by snyderd25 View Post
    I torture this animal...
    Sweet! Not to politicize the board or thread but I think that needs to be shared on the I Ride Inside site. They have a sad lack of dogs on bikes photos.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by fetchspot View Post
    such an abused dog, it is clear to see. I have tried so hard to get something to take my large dog along on rides but have not come up with anything that will work. I do not want to have to drag a 20lb trailer for the mutt to jump in when she is tired. I tried the saki seat for the smaller pup. It scratched my legs for the long rides I wanted to get myself exercised.

Hqppy trails to your pup

fetchspot
    I'm interested in finding out more about the Saki Seat. Unfortunately, a google search turned up mostly just a text description, and the domain www.sakiseat.com now seems to be unregistered. Too bad -- the concept interests me and might have worked for our 16-lb. Boston Terrier, who is a bit too heavy for a front basket. Still thinking about rigging something up for the rear rack.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Love it! Unfortunately my 100 pound Shepherd would be quite a load to lug around. But think of the quads I'd get...
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

the saki seat was a two piece thing shaped like half a pvc pipe. It had a dense thin rubber pad that absorbed the shock. I got the schnauzer to sit and stay. The location cradles the pup between your legs, but I found my legs were splayed or the insides were chaffed. I really wished I could have gone longer distances with it. He would hop in, rest then jump out ready to go. A fun time was had by all. Sorry to see it looks like it is not being made anymore.
    fs

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Love it! Unfortunately my 100 pound Shepherd would be quite a load to lug around. But think of the quads I'd get...
    Exactly! You'd be rocking strong!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Emily

The Saki seat looks like a two-piece half of pvc pipes but more shaped. It sits between the seat and handlebars and cradles the pup between your legs. It has a 1/2 thick dense-rubber mat for padding. I got the schnauzer to sit and stay. He seemed to really enjoy it. Run till tired then hop on. The only problem for me was my legs had to be splayed or they would chaff. I wanted it so I could exercise and pup be out with me but it was an unnatural biking position for an exercise ride.

fs