Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I just want to brag

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hope y'all don't mind but... I did this room with a $1,500 budget (went over by $40 but it included the install fee) and got it done - drapes, fabrics from California, custom upholstery, locating of antique/used furniture and accessories - in four weeks.

Owner is happy but I don't think he *quite* understands what a miracle this is - I did a second room for him at the same time, so it's technically two rooms in four weeks - but the chairs for the other room are not finished yet - so no photos.

Anyway. I am proud, I love the room... so I wanted to brag a bit.

http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/...es-queen-anne/
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

That's lovely, grey!

I actually liked the "before" a lot too, but you certainly made it look more current and clean. Nice job!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Hope y'all don't mind but... I did this room with a $1,500 budget (went over by $40 but it included the install fee) and got it done - drapes, fabrics from California, custom upholstery, locating of antique/used furniture and accessories - in four weeks.

Owner is happy but I don't think he *quite* understands what a miracle this is - I did a second room for him at the same time, so it's technically two rooms in four weeks - but the chairs for the other room are not finished yet - so no photos.

Anyway. I am proud, I love the room... so I wanted to brag a bit.

http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/...es-queen-anne/
    Very nice! I am impressed. Love the chair!
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I so want to hire you for my house. I love the restraint you show. Everything is "done" without being overdone.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Beautiful! So elegant!

I'm always amazed and how much I like the idea boards, how much I dislike any type of electronic renditions and then how much I do like the final result. It happens to me all the time!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Just lovely!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    WOW- great job!! Love the after. That exposed brick wall is amazing!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Beautiful! I really like the chair and area rug!

That's really gorgeous. The wall color really reflects the sunlight nicely without being overbright. Do those long curtains in the corner cover the windows are are they just to create a sense of height and continuity between the brick wall and the regular wall?

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Lovely!

Thank you

The curtains are just there for drama. Corners where drywall meet exposed brick are usually unlovely, and I wanted to sort of frame the bed and wall a bit. :-) They're actually the Ritva curtains from IKEA - I stitched on the border & also stitched closed the loops at the top so when hung, they look more like goblet pleats.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

It looks great! (I have the very same rug in my living room!)

That room came out absolutely beautiful! You do such great work, I can't believe how quickly/cheaply that came out, and with so much class and old elegance!
    Happily at the center of a poly V with my bikes
    -"Cookie Monster" 2001 Motiv Mountain converted for commuting. My little monster.
    -"Bella" Concord Freedom10- My little project. Sweat and blood, pretty girl <3

Oooh, love it!!

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens