Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Drove proposed route

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quads are toast today so no biking...so I drove my proposed route from my apartment to the trail head that would take me downtown. Good thing that I did, drive it that is. It is obvious that they are starting a massive sewer project that is going to impact many of the neighborhood streets on my original route...

I did, however, find a much more direct way of getting there. Now I just need to do a trail run, or trial "ride"

Is the construction you mention over near 61st street?

I used to be able to cut through those neighborhoods there as soon as you come out on Cooper and take an immediate left.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    Is the construction you mention over near 61st street?

I used to be able to cut through those neighborhoods there as soon as you come out on Cooper and take an immediate left.
    The construction is on most of the neighborhood street, it looks like they are starting a massive sewer project. Pretty amazing the size of the fixtures they have waiting to go into the ground!

I've another idea and I don't even have to cross Michigan or Kessler Straight out 56th (probably on the "trail" which is really a very wide sidewalk), cross the tracks, right on Arabian down to 48th and then east to Cool Springs and down to the WWR trail - about 7.5 miles to get to the trail.

Knollton connects with 56th but I don't want to be on 56th longer than necessary.