Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your Favorite Sandals

To disable ads, please log-in.

What's your favorite sandals? I love Keens(Newport H2O and Venice) and Chacos. I have two pairs of Keens and only one pair of Chacos.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Chacos are my favorites (but I haven't purchased any since they moved their production overseas - thankfully, they are very durable).

Anyone know of anything similar made in the US? I'd also love to know of a good barefoot style sandal (but not a flip flop). I've been wearing minimal shoes all winter, so Chacos feel like a lot of shoe to me now...
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Not really a sandal, but a Kigo Flit looks nice. Don't know where they're made.

Not a sandal at all, and made in China , but very lightweight and breathable, suitable for sandal days with a minimalist sole and a foot-shaped toe box, Leming (f/k/a Stem) - I love love love mine.

Great for kicking around and not worrying about getting them dirty, still made in China, Crocs Cleo. On sale at ****'s Sporting Goods right now.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I have two pairs of Keens (Newports--the regular and the H2), and a pair of Tevas. Trying to find something a little more "feminine" (but an actual sole), and it's not working.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

The only sandals I wear are the type with straps around the ankle and I've had a hard time finding any that don't end up either causing blisters or just rubbing my ankle raw. The only pair I've found that I really like are from the brand Columbia. Here's the newer version of what I have:
    http://www.columbia.com/Women%27s-Te...efault,pd.html

I have 3 pair of Keens...I have a wide foot and they generally fit so well.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have a pair of keens that are 6 years old. They are holding up well and I wear them often even though I no longer care for the style. I've even taken them on business trips and used them as running shoes. I don't think I would run more than 5 miles in them, but they worked great for some short runs while on the go! Someday I'd like to get a new pair, but, you know, priorities.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Teva Olowahu Flip-Flops

I have a pair of A'rcopedico ballet flats that are very comfortable. They are not quite sandals. They are very cute. Made in Portugal.
    Existence is empty, but I am full of myself.

I like Keen's for their fit, but most of them are too covered up and they make my feet sweat something awful in summer.

My favorite pair of sport sandals are a pair of Teva's actually. I bought the Tirra sandal for a kayaking trip and fell in love with them. Super comfy! I love how the front straps are adjustable, so I could adjust them to fit my wider foot.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I like Keen's for their fit, but most of them are too covered up and they make my feet sweat something awful in summer...
    That's why I LOVED the Keen Zerraport, it was true sandal with a rubber toe. Of course they stopped making them.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    That's why I LOVED the Keen Zerraport, it was true sandal with a rubber toe. Of course they stopped making them.
    My hubby LOVED those, too. They do have a similar one, but only in men's sizes. Keen Hydro Guide.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Yeah, even ones like those were too much for me in summer. I have one pair (I don't know the name) that is more like an open slide-type sandal and I still couldn't handle them. Keen's thick sole combined with the toe guard was just too closed in. I loved them out on our farm (more protection from thorns and stuff) but for everyday use, my feet were just too hot.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    My hubby LOVED those, too. They do have a similar one, but only in men's sizes. Keen Hydro Guide.
    The hydroguide came with a different sole, the arch part is super hard and just wrecks my knee. Wish they hadn't messed with them.

Electra Townie 7D

The hydroguide came with a different sole, the arch part is super hard and just wrecks my knee. Wish they hadn't messed with them.
    Ahhh...I guess that's good to know. He couldn't find the Hydro Guides in his size and ended up ordering a pair of Venice sandals.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3