Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

geez Yellow - the only "handle" you have is your camelback. (picture a giant picking Sue up.)

I was told this morning, by someone who should know, that my thighs are getting smaller. Gee all this training IS good for something.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Any one see anything extraneous on that little thing in the blue helmet? I wanna climb like her. Power thighs she can discuss. Love handles, no. I'll take her legs and hips any day.

Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I think they both look good! That's a great picture.

The photo made my day. What happy, fit, gorgeous chicks---love those red tops, gals!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I'm of the big-by-birth quads category. I call 'em my speed skater thighs ! Where do those speed skaters buy pants, anyway? Do they just not wear jeans?

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedgeargirl
    I call 'em my speed skater thighs !
    LOL! I've often believed I missed my calling as a speed skater. I was a mighty fast roller skater in my day (and that was waaaaaaaaaaay before the time of inline skates), always won the fun races. Fabulous wipeouts.

The speed skaters buy their jeans wherever Venus & Serena Williams buy theirs, I'm sure. Monster-Quads-R-Us? (Edit: oooh ooh! USA won the gold in the men's 5000m speed skating today!)

Oh, BTW, those are our BLACK WIDOW outfits in that picture. My name for them anyhow. SK may have another opinion.
    Last edited by yellow; 02-11-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Hey,
    I've been mtbiking for years but I have been working out at the gym (elyptical) and mountain biking much more seriously these past 6 months and I have to say although I LOVE to MTB, and my friends that MTB with me are great, this thigh thing is soooo depressing! Not only have I gained like 7 or 8 lbs (it cannot all be muscle!?) but my thighs are huge! They DO get my up some pretty hard climbs and I love their strength, but hey I did not want way bigger legs! Frankly I am not ready to embrace the beauty of my big thighs because they really aren't attractive. Other than pilates (sp?) are there any other suggestions on elongating the leg muscles!!

thanks!

i am 5feet and 5 inch tall,have 106lbs,and ave a musclle tighs .i think it is pretty and i am proud of it.fat is much less attractive than huge musscle legs...in summer when i am wearing a shorts everyone looks at my legs.one thing more:they tell about how much i cycle and how i love it!

I love my BIG THIGHS and BOOTY. Can't have big thighs without that nice strong butt. They go hand and hand and they are SEXY!

I've lived with my big thighs for quite a long while and I'm pretty used to it. But, when I'm on the trainer, which is parked right next to a 'shiny '62 mercury, and notice my thighs pushing to get me through the work out in the reflection, I couldn't be more greatful and impressed! To see them flexed and doing their thing, I think it's pretty hot. I love my muscular thighs!

I have been almost totally reshaped by cycling. I've also lost 28 lbs in the last year- at 5'5" and 127 lbs at 42 years of age I feel better than ever - plus I LOVE cycling. It also helps to keep what should be standing up standing up . I wonder if the men are this concerned about their thigh size. I bet they want bigger thighs...
    Ms Liz

Kitsune06 Guest
    Why does anyone care so much about big, muscular thighs from *biking*? There's a massive difference between big thighs from being a sofa jockey and big thighs from biking/etc. Shame on whoever can't tell the difference!!!

I have been doing Spinning classes for about 3 years. And I have a Kurt Kenetic at home, which I do quite often. Genetics is correct. I am very thin. 5'6" 120lbs. My legs are quite slim, not a lot of muscle definition.

Someone said something about cadence. To build muscles, do you go harder gear and low cadence, or lower gear and higher cadence?

harder gear and a low cadence...which is why mountain biking can really build those muscles, often we are pretty much doing track stands and balancing slowly through obstacles and then pushing hard over them without a whole lot of momentum...yah, so get into a harder gear...good luck!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Violette,
    If your goal is to build more muscle- yes you need to up your resistance and push your body a bit more, BUT don't forget to feed your body the nutritious food and calories it needs in order to build those muscles. Expect to gain some weight as you build muscle- muscle is heavier and denser than fat, remember. I think you may find you feel better overall if you gain a bit of healthy weight anyway.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^