Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Shoes?

Hybrid View

Arrow Shoes?

Hi! Total newbie here. I purchased these shoes: http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/pr...REVO_XR2_SHOES new in box from ebay. (I know, should of gotten them from a LBS and had my foot measured, etc, but it was too good of deal to pass up. Lol) I did check the sizing chart at the garneau website. Here is the issue. My heels lift right out. However, the shoes are super tight throughout the toe area. Will they stretch to fit to my foot? How much space should be in the toe area? Or should I sell the shoes and buy a size 40? I'm just confused as everything I read said they should be tight, but these are almost uncomfortable. But also brand new and not broken in yet. What do you, oh wise and all knowing experienced cyclists, think?

*Currently for indoor bike, I am buying a Trek soon. Saving my moolas.

They won't stretch enough if they're already too tight. Can you return them?

Getting the same shoe in a larger size won't help if the forefoot is too small for you but the ankle opening is too big. Sounds like you just need different shoes.

The only thing you might check, I don't know those shoes, but on my old Specialized shoes, you could reposition the ratchet. It screwed on to the shoe and there were two different holes. If you can get the ankle to close enough by doing that, then maybe a larger size in the same shoe might work for you.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Great advice! I had read so much conflicting information that I really wasnt sure what to think. (I wasnt sure if they were supposed to be that tight in the toe box.)

Off to list them for sale here and on craigslist.

Murienn, as you saw in the other post, I got new shoes per your advice. Comfortable Lakes. Thank you Murienn and OakLeaf for the helpful and prompt reply!

If you like the Lakes, I have a pair of barely used Lake sandals for sale. Fits 41-42. SPD compatible. Just in time for warm weather riding. PM me if interested.