Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

One way to increase your milage

To disable ads, please log-in.

It was a really nice day yesterday so I pushed myself a little on my ride. Today I tried to talk my dd into a ride but she was smart and did not answer my text claiming she slept in until 2. So off I went by myself. Hopped in the car and drove someplace close by. Apparently I was looking at the wrong town on the map because the fireman directing traffic to the talent show informed me the road I wanted was five miles north. I got on the correct road, rode past a governor's birthplace (very scenic), then was bit by a dog. After getting free from the two dogs I rode on up a ways. My ride would have been an out and back which would have put me with the dogs again. Near the edge of my map I found a route which included some roads I have been on before. Apparently the map doesn't show dead ends for the new interstate so I put in a few extra miles then gave up and road the state highway, which really wasn't too busy. All in all it wasn't too bad but I was tired.

Do people report a bite? How? I didn't then as I could see the town was busy with the talent show.

fs
    Last edited by fetchspot; 03-18-2012 at 08:09 PM.

oh no, I am sorry.

I don't know about reporting bites, but please think about seeing your doctor and getting any shots that you need. I hope you're ok.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

In Texas, all dog bites must be reported - it's the law. Not that this happens (especially when it's my own stupid fault for having my hand in their mouth trying to look at something), but it is what is legally required. Then, depending on the rabies vaccination status of the animal, it is either quarantined or euthanized (usually quarantined, even in the unvaccinated ones).

I would contact your state health department for the proper way to procede. Personally, I would not take any risks when it comes to bites. I'm already vaccinated for rabies (required before I started school) so I don't worry as much, but as a "regular" person, I would.

I guess I need to check my spelling before I send. Milage sounds rather political.

The dog got my ankle, all bone, but did not break the skin. Just a bruise and sore throat from yelling at the top of my lungs, screaming hysterically really--and not just at the dogs. I go in for a bit of theatrics as the years pass. The owner did rush outside. The biter was the one which responded to her calls. Leyla as I soon learned was still in for a bit of a chase.

Thankfully it is a rest day for me today and I get to go to work.

fs

The least you should do is confirm that the dog had its rabies shot, broken skin or not.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Mimi

I guess my rational is perhaps I could save another person from being attacked by having reports of this dog.

I was at an elementary school when a rotweiler attacked a kindergartener and ripped her scalp. Maybe if someone had reported previous behavior of this dog, she would have been spared the scars and disfiguring trauma. So there in lies my guilt of not wanting to bother, yet...

fs