Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

FS Keen commuter sandals

To disable ads, please log-in.

I used these one summer and have since taken all the clipless off of my bikes. I'm much happier now. Anyway, this could be a good deal for anyone who has wanted to try them. No use in them just sitting in the garage. It says to cold water wash them and air dry, so I did. There is a lot of road tar on one of the plastic things that screw where the clips go. It's just tar and those come off when you put the clips on. If you have any questions please let me know!
    Size: 7 mens. I wear between 8.5 and 9 womens, but can wear an 8 if it's wide. These are wide, that's why I bought the mens. The womens pinched me.

$20 plus actual shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0964.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	14259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0965.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	14260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0966.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	14261  
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

I have a pair of those with the cleats and the women's definitely seems to run narrow. I can still wear them , but I would rather have had them be able to accommodate my forefoot more effectively. A review of the Arroyo version of Keens cycling sandal says it is wider in the forefoot, so I ordered a pair from TE. I have arthritis in the ball of my foot and the doc wants me to wear shoes that don't bend there. The keen cycling sandals are a lot stiffer that most other sandals and I'm hoping that will work for me. I might even be able to fit my orthotic in it because the insoles of those are removable.

Not all who wander are lost

Yes, this has been discussed before. Women's Keen Commuter sandals run narrower than regular Keens. I know this because I can wear the Commuters just fine (love them, in fact!), but all other Keens are too wide on me.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I have both the regular Keens and the commuter sandals. Both squeeze the he** out of my feet. I have medium width feet, but these sandals feel the way my Sidis did. I have only wore the commuters to ride < 10 miles, so no real test, except they are hard to get on and off and they feel tight. I want to bring them for our trip this summer (just put the Frog cleats on), but I wonder how they will feel for rides of 20-50 miles.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm interested in these. Sending you a PM....

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I missed the original post. Any chance these are still available?

Red face a little relief

The Arroyo Keen cycling sandal is considerable wider in the forefoot. I got a pair from TE. they cover more foot, but I have ugly feet anyway! I use them just to get around in and not to bike, because they are good and stiff, which is a requirement for the arthritis in my forefoot. The bottom under the forefoot also has sort of a rocker bottom which also eases the issues with my foot problem. I got mine from TE and I'm very happy with them. It's hard for me to find shoes that work for me. I can also fit my orthotoic in them, but I haven't worn them for any long periods of standing or walking. I'd probably use my orthopedic granny shoes for that!

Not all who wander are lost