Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile Anybody who can help?

To disable ads, please log-in.

As usual I can never find what I want here in the UK!

I am after a small gift for a friend, nothing fancy and I have found the perfect item but not available in the UK, or will post at a ridiculous cost.

Anybody who would have this item sent to their address, obviously I would pay the postage for it to be sent to the UK?

This is the item on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=260866249484

Thanks for reading this anyway.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

No problem.
    I'll PM you for particulars.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

That's super, big thanks in advance.
    Clock

Thumbs up

I thought I should explain why I actually wanted this little charm so much, so here we go, prepare to be bored.

Life is funny how things work out, back in 2008 I was misdiagnosed with COPD and thought I would love to ride in the London Bikeathon, thinking my health was going to get worse, so my friends who live near London said they would put myself and my partner up, also they would drive us to Chelsea, where the ride started.

Unaware but my friend who is half my age, was very envious of what I had achieved and the excitement I had got out of it. So much so, the following year she suggested I got a Team up together for 2009, which my partner and I did, huge success too. Now this was the start of my friends amazing journey, she weighed over 18 stone and decided it was time to lose weight and get fit. By this time I had been diagnosed with Aspergillosis but with anti-fungal drugs and Prednisolone for a year, it helped me big time. By this time the total raised over 3 years was £23,000.

Now we all looked forward to riding as a Team again in 2010, we decided all dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, I was going to be the Maid of Tarts, had started on what I was going to wear, then I broke my back (2 years ago on 25th March). I sat at home chivving people up to take part and get sponsorship but it was not the same and unfortunately that year only £1000 was raised.

By now my friend was losing weight fast, so much so she decided to ride in the WOMEN V CANCER CYCLE KENYA, still losing weight, in fact losing over 5 stone!

The twist to this story she has now motivated me to exercise.

Unfortunately 28 December last year she broke her foot in two places and is currently still on crutches BUT she is now planning to do an Ironman in 2014! Wow, have I ever got respect for this girl, especially knowing she is blind in one eye and her good eye is not the best.

So, I saw this little pewter charm and thought perfect, even if she did not wear it, it can go on a key ring etc.

Now thanks to malkin, this is going to be possible.
    Clock