Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign of???

Smile Sign of???

To disable ads, please log-in.

Unsure what this is a sign of, but it is funny so I must tell on myself

81 degrees here yesterday, so planned a ride after work. For the very first time in 2012 I was able to have no sleeves, only shorts on my legs, JUST a helmet on my head and short-fingered gloves - awesome! It took me 10 minutes of riding to finally realize that my toe covers were still on my shoes So I saw lots of people riding in sandals....and here I am in my Sugoi toe covers

Wouldn't have been so bad if my shoes were black, but no, my Mavic mtb shoes that I road-ride with are white, and my toe covers are black. Guess I REALLY wanted on that bike

Does anyone else have a similar funny story?

Not on the bike, but the Monday morning I woke up feeling really fuzzy and tired; had a shower, ate my breakfast, got dressed for work, and left the house. I stood in the driveway a minute trying to figure out what was wrong... I was wearing a winter coat and it was 65 degrees. Went back inside and ditched the coat. ahhhhh

Electra Townie 7D

Also not bike, but DH and I had a very rare big night out in the city this week (dinner and then to Les Mis). It was REALLY late when we got home and I didn't get to bed until after midnight. Unfortunately, I also get UP at 5:30. I was so tired that when I looked in the mirror after getting dressed in the morning, it took a couple of minutes for me to figure out I had my dress on backwards.

SheFly
    Last edited by SheFly; 03-15-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Welp, Last week I went for a ride with friends--a grueling gravel road ride. Temps hovering near freezing, rainy, and wet. And what did I grab to wear? The SLEEVELESS jersey We drove two hours to the start and all I have is a sleeveless jersey and its starting to freezing rain? Ugh. Fortunately one of the guys had extra arm warmers.

Yesterday I went on a road ride with a friend and I could not for the life of me find two matching gloves. I wore one blue and gold glove, the other was grey and pink. Yup. Neither one of us had a working computer--which was nice for a change.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Cute story Catrin! I have so many stories of me doing something dumb, I can't even think of just ONE.

I am just super jealous of your warm weather!! Shorts....no sleeves....ahhhh... I can't wait.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

It was warm enough here to ride in shorts and short sleeves yesterday. Then I got on my bike and started out of the drive before I realized I had put on my thermal head covering under my helmet.

This weird weather might be messing with our heads???

Not apparel-related, but still a "be prepared" goof. On last weekend's group ride I remembered everything but my water bottle. I approached one of the ride leaders before the ride and asked him if there was a store nearby where I could buy a Gatorade. I said in a quieter voice "I forgot my waterbottle". I figured I would buy one of the sports bottle shaped ones that fits in a bottle cage and has a top similar to a bike bottle.

He started to tell me where I could go to buy a Gatorade, but when he heard me say I forgot my bottle he said he happened to have several brand-new bottles in his vehicle, so he gave me one. I offered to pay him for it, but he refused, saying he had lots of bottles. I thanked him profusely.

This is the first time I have forgotten to bring water on a ride. The funny thing is that I had a dream the night before that I forgot my HR strap and video cameras, which of course I remembered for the actual ride.

The bottle he gave me looks pretty nice. It has several manufacturer names on it and "Women's Specific Design" near the top of the graphics.

I have taken to setting phone reminders to tell me to do everything. I've been a zombie since the time change and group rides roll at 8 about 20 mi from my house!

Quite a while back, was rushing about to go off on my bike for a quick blast, short while into my ride looked down to realise I had odd shoes on!
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Quote Originally Posted by AppleTree View Post
    Cute story Catrin! I have so many stories of me doing something dumb, I can't even think of just ONE.

I am just super jealous of your warm weather!! Shorts....no sleeves....ahhhh... I can't wait.
    Hey you can have some of our hot weather. We have just struggled through the second hottest summer on record. I am over the heat and can't wait for some cool Autumn days.

Love all the stories. Good to know I'm not the only cyclist that has some bad days when getting sorted for a ride.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

I've posted this before but it's a classic.

I had cycled to my usual birdwatching spot and when it was time to leave realized I had just one cycling glove on. I looked everywhere -- seemed odd because I usually don't take gloves off.

The glove was nowhere to be found -- until I got home and discovered it on the floor. I had apparently left home with just one glove.

I will say in defense of my sanity, it was summer. I hope I would have noticed sooner in winter.

I once left my seat bag at home...with all my flat-fixing gear. Went on ride anyway. Thankfully, no flats! The one time I did get a flat, I discovered that I only had 1 CO2 cartridge, rather than the two that I thought I had.

I also left my water bottles in the car once. I wondered why the bike handled so nicely. Luckily I realized it less than 2 miles in, so it didn't take me very long to get back to the car.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    I've posted this before but it's a classic.

I had cycled to my usual birdwatching spot and when it was time to leave realized I had just one cycling glove on. I looked everywhere -- seemed odd because I usually don't take gloves off.

The glove was nowhere to be found -- until I got home and discovered it on the floor. I had apparently left home with just one glove.

I will say in defense of my sanity, it was summer. I hope I would have noticed sooner in winter.

Funny!

This actually reminded me of a funny thing my friend did (who I won't name) with her gloves. She is a fairly new cyclist and had just bought some of the gear she needed before we did a ride together on the bike trail. We had been riding along about an hour or so and she stopped...and noticed she actually had her gloves on upside down - with the padding on the top of her hand.... Neither one of us had noticed when she put them on.

I am always doing things like every one has mentioned, but my most recent oopsie was when I came home from a ride, hauled out the keys and then tried to unlock the front door with the car clicker.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by lauraelmore1033 View Post
    I am always doing things like every one has mentioned, but my most recent oopsie was when I came home from a ride, hauled out the keys and then tried to unlock the front door with the car clicker.

I think you win!!