Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Facebook Blocking Questions

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is there a way to block my sister's crazy abusive husband without losing her as a friend? I've blocked him so I hope that works. Is there a way to partially block what my sister posts? I really don't want her atheist postings on my pages. She can believe what she wants, I just don't want her postings of cartoons, posters, articles and other atheist stuff on my wall. Or what her other friends post about atheism.

I miss my real sister. The one that was fun, smart and strong until she married this guy and I don't want to lose contact with her.

Yes! You can block her main posts and just get the important ones. You have to find one of her posts on your wall and then click on the down arrow on the rightish side of her post. Then select "Only Most Important" and that will move less relevant posts and hopefully only give you the most important ones (i.e. not her shares and stuff like that).

It'll take a little tweeking. I've blocked game updates, for example, by just blocking the application. So, even if 100 people are playing the same game, I just don't get a status update of what cow they purchased or how many points they just scored.

2009 Trek FX 7.3
    2011 Specialized Dolce Sport Compact

Thanks! Hopefully I have it taken care of. I'll keep tweaking as needed.

also with the add on Facebook Purity you can set up a key word list that blocks any post with certain words in it. It's a great add on. I also think there's a way to block people you aren't friends with... you ARENT friends with this guy, right?
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

You can hide all posts from a person. I've done this to a few people and I'm pretty sure they have no idea that I did it.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

That only works with people that you have friended. If your friend has things set to "Friends of Friends", then all their friends comments will show up in their comment feed.Once things are in the comment feed the only way to block it is to check the "don't show comments" on your friend. I just tested this. :-) I haven't tried the FB Purity apps black list, but I bet it works well. I love that app for a lot of other reasons.
    Last edited by Irulan; 09-26-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM