Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

Unhappy Remind me again...

To disable ads, please log-in.

....how and why cyclists are the out of control menace-to-society scofflaws.

This accident happened about 1/2 mile from my house. It's so sad. A totally innocent woman was killed because of allegedly racing motorists (perhaps more likely, road raging and she paid the price for their irrational behavior). Cyclists routinely have to ride this sidewalk to get to/from "better" cycling areas. In fact, I rode this sidewalk today on my commute. This afternoon, there was a police sign up, asking witnesses to call a number and a bunch of people gathered on the sidewalk at a bouquet of flowers placed where she died. A news crew filmed them (as I rode by, too).

DH pointed out that I could have easily been riding that spot when it all happened. It occurred about an hour before I would have - but yeah, it's a thought I often have on that sidewalk: the concrete and the guard rails are scarred with scrape marks from out of control vehicles.

Sad.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

That is so sad to hear. Condolences to her family & friends.
    When some people get behind the wheel, they seem to loose all their humanity.
    Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~ James E.Starrs

My bicycle jewelry...
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Winterwoman...f=pr_shop_more