Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

March/April Weight Management Challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next two months of our weight management challenge!

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 9th of March(or whatever day works best for you)
    (3) what your goal weight is for the 4th of May - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart later in the week.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I am in again, I need all the accountability that I can get

134.4 again...and would like to be 132 by the end of the challenge. Surely I can manage to loose THAT Looking forward to the resting metabolic rate test + visit with sports nutritionist afterwards.

(I know, I know, it isn't that simple and I want to lose body fat not muscle, but it is still frustrating)

I am in again for maintenance. I am afraid to leave the challenge! I need the accountability. Anyway, I am exactly 104 today and want to be within three pounds of that weight at the end of the challenge. So, you can put me at 105 for the goal, which is where I have been primarily sitting at for the last few weeks.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm on doctor's orders to reduce my cholesterol, so I'm eliminating refined sugar and most grains, and increasing veggies & fruit, to see if that will help. My brother was very successful when he did the same thing. See What Did You Eat Today thread for a longer explanation if you want.

Losing weight is not my goal, but it will probably happen as I could stand to lose 8-10 lbs if I want to be really lean. I bought a scale--first one in decades--so I might as well record what happens here.

137.4 today. I expect to be about 10 lbs lighter in a couple of months as a result of this effort. So let's say my goal is 127 for kicks.

I'm in again!

My goal is 160 lbs (again!).

I weighed in this morning at 163.8 lbs.

2009 Trek FX 7.3
    2011 Specialized Dolce Sport Compact

I'm in only for maintenance... I weigh exactly 105 today and want to be no more than+/- 1 lb. of that on May 4th. I find the weigh in does make me feel accountable to you all, and makes me aware of when I want to eat things that aren't so great. Not telling DH I am doing this again, because he is now -3 lbs. under his goal weight, mostly from a lot of cycling to work and being more stringent than me on his portions.
    On May 10, I am leaving for my former exchange student's college graduation in Colorado, so that will be a nice time to end.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm here for maintenance too! Like goldfinch & Crankin, I really appreciate the accountability.

My WW weight in yesterday was 146.8 ... wearing jeans*.

My goal for the end of the challenge is 145 (but if I stay under my WW 148 lb goal I'm a happy camper)

*The rule for making Lifetime at WW is to maintain +/- 2 lbs of your goal weight for 6 weeks after you make goal. It's not entirely clear to me how much leeway there is, that is, what happens if I'm more than 2 lbs under goal after those 6 weeks. But my home scale agrees really well with the WW scales (tho mine goes to 0.5 lbs), so if it looks like I might weigh in at less than 146, I'll wear jeans to the weigh-in. I could also drink a lot of water beforehand. Yes, I'm gaming the system for the next few weeks. Silly, I know.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I'm in again too... I've managed to gain back every ounce I lost - so depressing

starting weight: 117
    Goal: 110

something's gotta change

I've been waiting for this thread!

My goal this time around is to NOT gain anything. My weight numbers won't make much sense with a heavy cast, splints, swelling etc adding to my body weight, but it'll be a guideline.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow as a baseline since next Friday will be the day after surgery and I'm sure my weight will be out of whack.

Again, my goal will be to hold steady and not gain anything during my forced period of relative inactivity.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

{{{GLC}}} doesn't sound like fun Hang in there!

136 this morning. Aiming for the illusive 129...again.

Thanks, Possegal, for continuing to maintain the spreadsheet.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I've been waiting for this thread!

My goal this time around is to NOT gain anything. My weight numbers won't make much sense with a heavy cast, splints, swelling etc adding to my body weight, but it'll be a guideline.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow as a baseline since next Friday will be the day after surgery and I'm sure my weight will be out of whack.

Again, my goal will be to hold steady and not gain anything during my forced period of relative inactivity.
    I actually lost a lot of weight after the ankle surgery. The painkillers did such a job on my stomach that I couldn't eat. Eventually I gained it all back.

I weighed 140.4 this morning, which is about where I've been for the past week. My goal is to maintain at 140.

Really I would like to lose a couple more pounds, but for now I'll just aim to not gain back the winter weight.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'm conflicted about rejoining since I failed miserably during the last challenge (actually gained a lb!) and putting my failures out here publically made me feel even worse than I did when I kept them to myself. But ultimately, I decided to jump back in because this forum will force me to weigh in even when I don't want to, and I am hoping that by upping the running as I have been doing lately, I will be able to take off a few stubborn lbs. I am eating out a lot more here than when I was living in NC and working, and that is definitely my demise; I have NO willpower at restaurants or when having a cocktail or two out with friends.

I'm going to up my goal a little as I think my previous goal was unrealistic for my life here, and I do know that my legs are more muscular than ever from running and cycling everywhere, since we are car-free, so I am hoping that will allow me to weigh just a bit more than I used to and still feel reasonably lean.

So, here goes. Today's weight: 108. Goal: 105

Thanks Possegirl!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

After several weeks weighing 138.5-140, my weight has suddenly bounced up again, which I find discouraging. I'm hoping it's just water weight, but it's been the same several days in a row. Boo hiss. Anyway, I'm back to 141 again. Sigh.

Put me down for 135. Maybe this month I can underpromise and over deliver...
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

I'm also here for maintenance. My weight fluctuates between 138 and 140. With the warmer weather heading CO's way I will be doing a lot more riding outside which may increase my hunger/desire to eat more This way I will have to try to stay focused on the clean foods. Good luck all with your goals!!