Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm getting caught up - hopefully won't take me too long. Let me know if there is any problem with the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aM0NSN0E#gid=0
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Hey Posse- can I join in? I know I'm a couple weeks late, but I've been debating it for a while. I was such failure last time, that I was reluctant to join in this time. I would like to try again, tho.
    It's never too late for folks to join in!!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Thank you for doing this, possegal -- you're the best!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

145.2 this morning. I did o k this week, not great.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    thank you for doing this, possegal -- you're the best!
    +100!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

141.2 this week.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

A little late weighing in. It was difficult to do without jumping onto the scale (and potentially breaking it!), but I managed. 154. Considering how tired my right leg is from lifting this new splint, I'm not concerned. I don't doubt for a minute that it is significantly heavier than my old one. My foot is also insanely swollen, too.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I feel like I'm falling off of the wagon. Way too much eating out and wine. Funny, how this coincides with a huge increase in exercise.
    And the next 2 weeks are restaurant week, where we have 4 reservations (3 dinners and one lunch). Weight's only up a bit, but might not check it tomorrow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Just thought I'm mention that I lost a lot of muscle weight that year I was on crutches, and had to work hard to regain it. Careful about dieting now. Seriously.
    Yeah, I'm not actively trying to cut back as much as I am trying to avoid indulging in self-pity eating! My goal is to remain as active and fit as I can (allowing that all my cardio conditioning will be gone, of course) while not getting fat. I know the scale is not the best tool right now, but it'll have to do. I just don't want to get into a habit of stuffing my face in order to make myself 'feel better'...since we all know how well that works, right?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I can't believe I forgot to weigh-in on the first week! Egads!

And I have a race this coming weekend. It's my policy to not weigh in the week of a race. I don't want to add stress because I'm up a pound or something.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I know others have observed this too, but I gained 2 pounds today and my body fat dropped 6%. My feet were so swollen I could barely get my bike shoes on today for a recovery ride. I know this is because I rode 100 miles on a tandem yesterday, did a short duathlon Saturday and swam 800 yards Friday. I am pretty sore and tired, and definitely overdid it, but had fun! I hope in a couple of days the water weight will disappear (at least it better!). It is strange how much water can affect body fat too. Tomorrow is yoga and stretching - I am going to try to eat a little less than normal and stay hydrated.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

I am not going to weigh in for a few weeks - my nutritionist convinced me that I need to eat more calories and I am sure that I will gain a initial few pounds until my body is convinced that it no longer has to "horde" nutrients as body fat...but if I see those pounds increase I am less likely to continue with it...

I may check in again in a few weeks, we will see

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    I can't believe I forgot to weigh-in on the first week! Egads!
    No worries - folks can weigh in every other week, every 4th week, beginning and end, whatever works for them.

And when folks join without a week 1 weight, I just put in whatever their first weight was, just because it needs a week 1 weight to calculate weight lost.

But it's all flexible. It's about helping people, not sticking to strict posting deadlines.

105.4, same as last Friday.
    I feel like it's getting a bit harder to maintain at this weight; before, the weight was falling off. But, I've had a few restaurant meals this week, which I had to work hard to take off.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Hmmm... wrong direction