Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

139 for me. Holding steady

133.5....up a pound

I've been pretty much holding the same pattern since I got to my goal, but when I came back from vacation, I decreased the amount of carbs back to where that was when I first started losing,because I had regained all of the weight. I lost it quickly.
    Until I started doing longer rides and a running program. I am hungrier than normal on those days, so I have to just plain eat more. Trying not to eat a lot of Luna Bars. I was using those as snacks every day, at work and when riding, and I was kind of addicted.
    One of my interim goals is to not have my glass of red wine so many nights a week. It's actually helped me lower my cholesterol, and one glass isn't exactly a substance problem, but it's extra calories I don't need every day.
    I find fueling for exercise and maintaining my weight a little tricky, but I need to experiment more with different things to eat while riding.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

finally starting to do something right, much due to all of the support on the forum! It's awesome to be able to hear how others are doing and share my own experiences. Now need to keep the focus on the goal.

133.2 today, and I will take it. I think the slightly lower weight the other day was just water.

I've a meeting in about an hour with a sports nutritionist and this will be an interesting meeting. Armed with bod-pod and resting metabolic rate information will aid in the discussion. I suspect that I don't get enough calories on exercise days (which are most days) and I need to change my fat/carb ratio but I've not wanted to make changes without qualified advice. I've too many health issues to change things easily - blood sugar has been rock solid for a good period of time now

Friday the 16th I am at 104.3 which is about par for me lately. I am happy because I've been off the bike now since Monday, I have company, and we are eating bigger meals together. I haven't kept a calorie count because of the difficulty estimating when going out and eating other people's food. I'll go back to formal counting at the end of the month.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Hey Posse- can I join in? I know I'm a couple weeks late, but I've been debating it for a while. I was such failure last time, that I was reluctant to join in this time. I would like to try again, tho.

My starting weight is 166

While I didn't lose any weight in the Jan/Feb challenge (in fact, I gained a pound), my cholesterol dropped 30 points in those 2 months from all the dietary changes I made. I'm happier about that than I would have been with losing 10 lbs, but I'm still not thrilled the scale tipped upward. My doc was about to put me on a statin, but I convinced her to give me 6 months of drastic dietary changes to see if that would help- and it appears it is helping. She wants me to lose 30 lbs, but that's not going to happen. In order to get below 150 I have to turn to drastic, unhealthy, disordered eating (with all the cycling/running I do) and I'm not going to do that. She doesn't get it, but that's OK with me.
    My goal is to get to 150 and maintain it for life (which is still about 15 lbs too heavy according to charts, but I don't care for those charts anyway). For the end of this challenge, my goal is to get below 160.

Thanks,
    Tri
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 03-16-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

138.5 today, which makes me very pleased. I had a rock solid Weight Watchers week, stayed at or slightly below my point allocation every day (base points plus activity) and managed to avoid indulging in my usual temptations. It helps that I've rid the house of all those temptations (nuts, nut butters, speculoos, crackers, etc.). Can't eat it if it's not here. And, I had only one latte this week, on a day when I had plenty of points in the budget for it. I generally prefer not to drink my calories, but an occasional latte won't kill me.

This weekend will be a test of will. Dinner at a friends tonight, (wo)manning a rest stop for my cycling club tomorrow, and brunch plus a St Patty's day party on Sunday. On the bright side, I have a full calendar of training each day, so hopefully I offset any small slip ups I might make when in the presence of corned beef....
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

116.2 - looks like a little turnaround again for the better. (and boy do I mean little!)

I have been a little sloppy about tracking this week but I've been on spring break with fantastic weather and have ridden almost 200 miles since last Saturday. The next few days will be tougher - busy St. Pat's performing, crummy weather and a mini-vacation away to a resort in Payson (courtesy of my wonderful daughter!)

Crankin- I feel like I am constantly struggling with the balance between fueling and trying to lose weight now.

Melavai- I saw Fat Cyclist's post- I think I'm too close to my goal weight to participate, although he always seems to organize cool prizes etc.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I've decided to stop weighing in weekly and will post at the end of the challenge. I find the natural fluctuations up and down 3-4 lbs just creates unnecessary anxiety. I have a pair of slack that are just a wee bit too snug. Those will be my gauge until the end of April.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

163.8 lbs.

Remained steady over the last week.

I'll take over the weight gain.

I went back to my nutritionist because this whole exchange plan thing wasn't working and I'm back to counting calories and doing the whole 40/30/30 with the macros. That's sitting a lot better with my body than the previous plan.

2009 Trek FX 7.3
    2011 Specialized Dolce Sport Compact

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Quote Originally Posted by five one View Post
    I've decided to stop weighing in weekly and will post at the end of the challenge. I find the natural fluctuations up and down 3-4 lbs just creates unnecessary anxiety. I have a pair of slack that are just a wee bit too snug. Those will be my gauge until the end of April.
    Smart woman!! Me too!!! I find the scale makes or breaks my day- as stupid as that is. It can make me feel confident and strong one week and like a total flop/failure the next. And I hate that. I asked my hubs to hide it from me until the end of March, then again until the end of April. I can't take the weekly emotional/irrational beatings I give to myself. I'm trying to love me no matter what my size, and that's taking time. I don't need the anxiety of the scale to help. I will weight April 1st to see if there's any change for March, tho.
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 03-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

107.5 today -- not what I was hoping, but we did have a couple meals out this week with friends, and truth be told, I haven't felt very motivated for awhile. I think this heat is getting to me. I feel lazy.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

You're not lazy, Emily. I would find it difficult to be stringent in your situation; it's like you're always on vacation! I have difficulty balancing the fact that DH and I are serious food people who love to cook and go out to eat, but need to be more careful as we age.
    Just last night I commented that I am sick of the recipes from my low glycemic cookbook. It's a 6 week program and I've made all of the dinners that I like. Today I made my grocery list for next week's meals and I did takeout one of the Cooking Light cookbooks I've used a lot. All I could see was rice, sugars, starch in the recipes, although overall, they are healthy. I chose a couple that I can change up a bit because it's time to do something different. But, all of those small changes are what is keeping my weight down.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport