Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    After several weeks weighing 138.5-140, my weight has suddenly bounced up again, which I find discouraging. I'm hoping it's just water weight, but it's been the same several days in a row. Boo hiss. Anyway, I'm back to 141 again. Sigh.

Put me down for 135. Maybe this month I can underpromise and over deliver...
    Stupid sushi!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I actually lost a lot of weight after the ankle surgery. The painkillers did such a job on my stomach that I couldn't eat. Eventually I gained it all back.

I weighed 140.4 this morning, which is about where I've been for the past week. My goal is to maintain at 140.

Really I would like to lose a couple more pounds, but for now I'll just aim to not gain back the winter weight.
    I'm *really* hoping to avoid any painkillers more potent than ibuprofen. I don't handle narcotics well.

I was 132.5 this morning. My interim goal is to get under 130, but let's say 125 for kicks.

Interestingly enough, my scale at home reads ~ 2 pounds more than the scale at the gym, which tells me I'm already 130. For the sake of consistency, I'll stick with the home scale for weigh-ins.

I was 116.0 this am. All week I was way up- exercise and something we ate made both the scale go up for me and the DH. I'm about to start my spring break for 2 weeks, with lots of time to ride... but not always easy to balance the fueling and snacking ...

My goal is still 112 again eventually, but 114 for the two months of the challenge.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Please add me. I was 156.5. My goal is 148.

Thank you!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I'm not playing this time around. I need to focus on training now, and will maintain or possibly lose as it builds in intensity. I'll probably come back in the fall! Thanks, Posse!

For the accountability! Sure, I'll try again.

Start for 3/9: 144 (I've been in the mid-140s for freaking ever)
    Goal: 139.0 (seems like a nice doable number)

-- gnat! (dusting off the old WW stuff, hoping this next week with the inlaws doesn't hurt)
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

I'm a little late chiming in - sorry, Possegal, for adding to your ToDo list, and feel free to ignore this until next week.

I weighed 224.4 yesterday.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Heh, forgot to post! I weighed in on Saturday. I'm hoping that my splint and foot swelling weighs in the neighborhood of about 3 - 4 lbs since I"m at 151 right now.

Therefore, my goal is to weigh 151 lbs (or 147-148 without anything on my foot) at the end of April.

I am in again too. I find it very frustrating that I know exactly what to do, and I am not doing it, although I have done well over the last week or two. I am doing a duathlon this weekend, 3 upcoming centuries and a sprint triathlon in April, so exercise is not a problem. I really just can't eat as much as my 6'5" very lean fit machine husband. I have been married to him for 27 years - you would think I could get this simple concept through my head! Anyway, thanks so much for doing this and I am starting at 147 and want to end up at 138.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

Wow, I've lost close to 3 pounds in 3 weeks after having been stuck for months - I was down to 132.6 this morning! It must be from mixing it up with the new class. Probably just water weight but you never know. Sure I had two rides this weekend, but they weren't exactly long distance rides!

My resting metabolic rate test was moved to tomorrow morning - as it turns out the trainer in my new program is also the one who conducts the test (the only one who does), so this will be interesting. My appointment with the nutritionist isn't until Friday morning, but I may try to reschedule that for tomorrow as well.

Interestingly enough, I've been eating more fat in my diet recently - hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Stupid sushi!
    No such thing as stupid sushi. Sushi is therapy!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by gnat23 View Post

-- gnat! (dusting off the old WW stuff, ...)
    Yup, me too. I'd gotten lazy about this (again!) even though I KNOW it works when I stick to it. I buckled down again this week and am already seeing results. Hoping (no, that's wrong, EXPECTING) a good weigh-in this week. :-)

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

FatCyclist has started yet another weight loss challenge--this time with a forum like ours. Of course his forum isn't as cool as ours. For one thing, the majority of his readers are male. For another, he doesn't have our awesome moderators.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I won't be weighing in tomorrow as I am away from my scale. Just put me down for the same as last week and I'll pick it up again next week.