Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

To disable ads, please log-in.

Still 104.5, but trending up slightly. Averaged 1800 calories per day. Too much! Backing off a bit.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post

I can't seem to break that barrier. Was 106.5 yesterday but back to 107 today, which is a typical pattern. I seem to be stuck in the 106.5 to 108 range. My ideal weight for my very small frame is 102-104. However, considering I have been taking a break from running due to the intense early-season heat, I really shouldn't complain. I am starting to get back into weights and doing more yoga at home (since I only take class once a week) to make up for the lack of running. And still cycling in the heat, of course.

Since I go to the US for a week on June 3, I am really, truly hoping to get to 105 by the end of May, but given my pattern, it's going to be difficult. It's only a couple lbs, which I used to be able to lose SO easily when I was younger, but it's gotten a lot harder as I get closer to menopause. I feel like I am eating a moderate amount and very healthfully, and I hesitate to cut calories too much lest my body go into "starvation hoarding mode".

FWIW, I'm pretty sure yoga and weight training burn fewer calories than running. I think even cycling burns fewer calories, since it's not weight-bearing.

I'm at 141.6 today. Was at 140.8 on May 1. Water...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

If there will be a may/june I'd like to join in.
    Life in Miles - My journal-blog

I will also join up again for the next challenge, I just need to determine the best approach for maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I will also join up again for the next challenge, I just need to determine the best approach for maintenance.
    Ditto.

I have been doing maintenance since January and am still trying to find the best approach.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I'm afraid to stop reporting here, as I feel the Friday weigh ins keep me accountable, even though I'm just maintaining now. So, count me in for May and June, too.
    DH has lost another couple of pounds, without much work. I think for him, the first challenge was way more of a change in eating habits than it was for me and now he is being very strict about it. He also eats a smaller lunch than me, most days. On the other hand, he eats some stuff I just don't go near. Waiting for the comments when I don't eat the pizza at the staff meeting on Tuesday.
    I'm feeling a little off today, so I wonder if that's why my body is almost 2 lbs. heavier.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Hanging in at 139. I will be back for the next time too.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    FWIW, I'm pretty sure yoga and weight training burn fewer calories than running. I think even cycling burns fewer calories, since it's not weight-bearing.
    Oh, I'm very sure of that. But my weight is the same as when I was running. When I was running 3x a week, I wasn't doing any weight work at all, and I realized I needed to get back to that, as muscle increases the metabolism. I have been lifting for years, but I always had access to a free gym at work and lifted 3x a week. Once I got here, I only had access to our makeshift weights (sand in milk jugs -- 1/2 and full gallons), and I lost the enthusiasm for it. Now I'm back to that because I haven't been able to bring myself to run -- it's been unusually hot even for Belize. Even bike rides are hard, but since my bike is my car, I have no choice but to ride daily (thank goodness!)

Crankin, your points are well-taken. I don't eat much bread as it is, but I could probably drop the 2 lbs. just by cutting way back on fruit. That is very hard to do here in Belize, though, as there is so much lovely fresh fruit available here (and mango season has just started -- my very favorite). There are fewer nice vegetables available here than fruits. Since I want to eat locally as much as possible, my diet has shifted to be rather fruit-heavy, and that alone probably accounts for the several lbs. I've put on since arriving here. Chances are, if we were to go back to the US, those lbs. might go away since I'd be back to eating my typical one serving of fruit a day instead of about three!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I was 143 yesterday and we left early to go out of town. I am still struggling with portion size. Part of this is my 6'5" husband who is skinny and eats more than twice as much as I do. It is hard to put a small amount of food on a small plate while he eats 2 servings on a platter The other day we went out for dinner and I ate a bite of the appetizer (he ate the rest), a bite of his dinner and gave him half my dinner, which he ate. He worried that I did not get enough to eat, when that was more than enough.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

128. This makes me happy.

I'm in for May/June.

145 on the nose. And off my butt.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

134.5 this morning. Since I am still working on building muscle, I need to decide what "maintenance" is. Replacing fat with muscle does make us gain a little so I need to decide if I should choose a weight to stay below...thinking about it.

I'm in for May June. It helps keep me focused.

116 this week
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

151, again.

I'm in for May/June, too. Now that I can finally add back in some types of exercise, I'm looking forward to actively shedding some fat once again.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom