Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had a terrible night of sleep and totally forgot to weigh in this morning! I will weigh in tomorrow instead.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    well I haven't lost any weight on the scale, but 4 weeks ago I bought a dress for our annual Shakespeare Festival at school, and it was TIGHT zipping up the back (like: I had to get help zipping it up). Today I put it on for the festival, and zipped it up myself with no problem. So even though I'm not losing any weight, maybe this weight training is doing me some good.

I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY trying to not get on the scale anymore, because those fluctuations just either ruin my day or make me a crazy person. Things like clothes fitting better are what I'm trying to go for. I refuse to "diet" anymore. I'm eating healthy 85% of the time, and I have a small sweet every single day. I will NOT count points, calories, etc any longer. I am a vegan and eat well at most every meal. If I lose weight, great. If not, I'm going to stop hating myself for it. I can fit into 10/12's so I guess I'm going to be OK with it. Plus, my monster quads and glutes are NOT getting down into single digits ever again I fear (I need them too much for running and cycling anyway).

I taught a class this semester to 8th grade girls about having a good body image and loving yourself for what you are. I guess I absorbed a little of what I taught them. I'm not saying I don't look in the mirror sometimes and say to myself "you look like you're 7 months pregnant in this outfit", but I have those days less frequently. I even took down 2 full-length mirrors in my house (I kept the one up that for some reason is like a funhouse mirror- it makes me look thinner). Part of my problem is that I feel good in my clothes, but then see myself in a mirror and the negative self-talk starts. I took away the mirrors in my house so I don't have the chance to rip myself to shreds. I'm almost 40- it's time I stopped beating myself up and started loving me for who I am- thunder thighs and all!
    My cousin and my sister have no mirrors in their homes, except for a medicine cabinet mirror. It sounds like you are doing just fine.

Unfortunately, if I do not want to blow up to well into obesity I have to count calories. But whatever happens I also am done beating myself up over my weight too.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Hanging in at 138 which is fine by me. Just trying to maintain.

145 this morning. I wish I was losing, but am happy with maintaining (as opposed to gaining
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Ooops, I finally remembered to weigh in today: 107.5

I seem to have found a new setpoint about 4 lbs. higher than my pre-Belize weight. I am not thrilled with it, but with the lifestyle down here, it may not be realistic for me to get back below 105. I would like to get TO 105, but we travel a lot and eat out much more than we used to. Heading out of town again this week Tues-Fri. so I am not hopeful for a good weigh-in this week either!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I'm travelling, so I won't be able to weigh in this weekend but I wanted to update my info. I'm at 152 which while close to my 'goal'...my goal is off. I got my cast off, so 152 without it is actually too high.

I've gained 4 lbs in the past 8 weeks (since my injury). I guess that's not all bad considering that I've done basically zero intentional exercise. I have clearance to swim though, so starting tomorrow...that all changes.

I hope to be down a pound by the last weigh-in of the month!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

My first week since January 1st where I didn't gain over the weekend. I went up a little on Tuesday/Wednesday, but my weight was just more stable overall. I did go out to eat last Friday night, but in general, I've been eating out a little less. I've mostly cut red meat out of my diet for awhile, until I get my cholesterol re-tested, so that may be part of it.
    I'm going to the Cape later today, so there will be plenty of eating at restaurants, but some riding, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

I was very disciplined regarding eliminating breads, pastas, rice, and refined sugar in March. I've relaxed a little in April. I went on a 12-day bike tour and stayed in B&Bs, all of which served amazing biscuits, so despite 50- mile days, i didn't lose any weight. Now I'm back to a more normal routine. I've managed to stay away from sugar; it was so very hard to do for the first two weeks but now it's not a big deal. And I feel great.

I was a bit optimistic in March, but I expect to be at 130 by the end of May.

129.5 this morning. But I did see 126.5 on the scale at the gym yesterday

137 ( However, I was the exact same weight last night and I've had multiple HARD workouts this week, so I think my body is retaining water. That is the only reason why I think it wouldn't be lower in the morning as that is the normal way of things.

I also had my Bod Pod early this morning...and while my weight is a little lower than when we did it at the start of the challenge, I've lost 3 pounds of muscle and gained 3 pounds of body fat It certainly isn't for lack of exercise! My trainer thinks it is likely due to still not getting enough calories (and my body turning to muscle for energy), the wrong carb/fat mix, or both. I also pulled back on strength training a bit when I started this metabolic training class - and while the class has been good for me in many ways, I need to add more pure strength back into the mix I think. Off to contact my dietitian...

As I look back through my logs, it is also true that I NEVER hit the caloric goal she set for me on exercise days...

Added:
    I just talked with the dietitian and she chided me for not hitting the caloric goal she set - since we are not worrying about "net calories" she said this makes it even more important that I hit that goal given the nature of my workouts. She also reminded me that my body adapted to quite restricted calories over almost three years at my current activity level and that it will likely take a few months for it to really adjust to finally getting enough. I did not gain weight according to the Bod Pod, so I can't see any reason not to continue to follow her advice and my blood sugar levels seem fine, though I've not had an A1C for awhile....
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-27-2012 at 01:19 PM.

I've been overeating this week.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

140.6 for two days in a row.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

139..up 1 but it could be from uhm....hormonal reasons. I am just happy to be pretty much maintaining.