Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh I miss posting here !

I have been amiss from my running...busy work schedule and busy weekend with Indy car races in the middle of my little city!.

I did do a trail run this past Sunday...wasn't very fast but I did "ok". Been doing short little runs in my "barefoot" shoes as I am trying to build of time/mileage to make them my main running shoes.

Love the bison sighting as well as the dolphins and manatees. Last weekend on my bike ride we stopped along the water to see river otters--how cute are they?!

Hope to be posting a good 5-miler in the AM.

KY
    katluvr

I ran today!
    I could tell I had not run much as my legs were pretty rested. I have been busy at work and stay on my feet & walk up and down stairs, but my legs still felt good today. My goal was m 5+ mile loop and to do sort of a progression run. First mile at a bit of 11 min mile pace then increase by about 15 sec per mile. But I felt a bit more frisky and here are my times...overall I am pleased

Mile 1: 10:53
    Mile 2: 1030 (ok so first 2 miles a bit quicker)
    Mile 3: 10:09 (So I don't think I can get faster, but...)
    Mile 4: 9:50 (Really? Sub 10--fast for me! Can I hold another 10 mmp?)
    Mile 5: 9:52 (Woo Hoo!)
    Then I walked and slow jogged to finish my my 5.34 miles in 55:14

I know this pace is not much for some of you, but 10 min miles or faster is darn fast for these little legs. Plus considering my lack of running lately and that we are in full spring/early summer weather. Waking up to temps in the low 70's, full sun and humidity creeping up. Today I work on my training plan as I think I am about 4 1/2 months (seems long but it is not) for Pikes Peak, thus marathon TP should begin!

K
    katluvr

It was a very hilly course for the half-marathon. Really, quite extremely hilly. I've biked in that area; it's where I hit 38.2 mph on a downhill once (and then slowed down because I was getting scared) so I knew about it. But I'd never run any sort of distance in terrain like that. Ouch. By the halfway point, I had joined most of my fellow runners in walking part of the uphills. Then eventually almost all of the uphills. And I swear the hills just got steeper as the miles went on.

Do to undertraining, pollen, and hills, my time was a whopping 2:26, right in the middle of my age group. But I finished-- and it was a beautiful morning for a run, and a beautiful place for a run (if it were just a bit flatter)...