Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    My abs are still slightly sore.

Today was my first day of spring break. I had thought I would go for a run... but I've really enjoyed hanging out with the kitties, reading Robbie McEwen's book and working in my back yard. See, this is why I can't ever do an IM...

We're spending a good chunk of the rest of break mountain biking the White Rim. It's been awhile since I've mountain biked; I hope I have forgotten how! We're taking our running gear and plan to get in a trail run. That will be a nice change of pace.

Veronica
    Have a great trip. Please give a ride report. We leave for the White Rim in a couple of weeks.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Did more jumping on Wednesday. I was going to do 14 steps (a new record) on my third set of twenty jumps. My legs were pretty fried since this round had also included squats on the Bosu, side to side jumps, leg press and a minute of jump rope - 292 was my best! I didn't want to take a chance on missing and ruin my mountain bike trip before it even started, so did 13 steps instead.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

The pictures are up.

It was great training. I do not like riding in deep sand - sends the heart rate sky high and feels like you're stuck! Fortunately, there was not a lot of it. Unfortunately, we rode it and the Hardscrabble climb after a big lunch on Day 1.

Day 2 I was smart and ate PBJ to prepare for the big climb - Murphy's Hogback after lunch.

Day 3 was the best - lots of swoopy, short steep hills.

Day 4 ended with the climb up Shafer, very doable, about a 10% grade for 3 miles. Loved it!

We'll have a more detailed report on our website sometime soon.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Sounds fnatastic.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Full report is here.

It's not any different from my link in the mountain bike section.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

More random stuff...

The latest issue of Triathlete has an article about doing a sub 6 hour HIM. Gosh all I want is a sub 7 hour. Articles like this make me somewhat excited, frustrated and a little depressed. Why? The times projected for a sub 6 hour race.

Swim 35 - 45 minutes: My times range from 34 - 40 minutes. I'm there and don't even have to work for it.

Bike 2:55 - 3:15: My best is 3:18, but that's pretty close and could be achieved.

Run 1:50 - 2:10: My best is 2:50 Training pace ranges I'm pretty close everywhere except race pace. Mostly because I've never really trained at "race pace."

Maybe it's time to take this running thing up a notch.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Don't compare yourself! You work on what YOU can work on! You will find so much more success! Trust me on this! If your goal is to go sub 7, then you do everything in your abilities to do sub 7 this year both in your training and in your racing. Then you can re-set your goals to a new one!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

V..I know you know this...just think about it this way, your are far more fit and athletic then most people half your age!! Several of my co-workers that are in the low to mid twentys can't even ride a bike 20 miles.

Sub 7 would be great and and I know from your posts you will train hard to achieve this goal. Good luck and keep us posted on your training.

I also think it was you with a signature line something like this: A goal is just a wish without a plan.
    Last edited by solobiker; 04-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.

I love my Saturday morning runs; I can't remember the last time I had a bad Saturday morning run. On the flip side I can't remember the last time I had a great 5 AM run or after work run.

Early morning runs, I'm stuffy and can't breathe well. After work runs I'm tired and my lunch usually feels like a brick in my tummy. But until school is out, those are times I have to work with.

What's my tag line again? Oh yeah, something about discipline.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

I really need to get my butt to the pool sometime soon - my first race is coming up in just 3 weeks.

Work is getting hectic with lots of events plus getting ready for state testing. I am trying really hard to not let that stress me out too much. I think this is the best prepared class I have ever had. I am definitely a fan of looping - two years to get them here has been great.

I went out for a lovely three mile run on Friday. It was warm - 65 and no wind at 4:45 AM.

I did a long run on Saturday, 8.5 miles. It was great until about 4.7 miles and then my legs just didn't want to run anymore. I think I didn't eat enough breakfast. I started doing a run/walk thing. It worked out pretty well until my music died. I was pretty surprised that my overall pace really wasn't too bad and my average heart rate was pretty low.

We've signed up for another mountain bike tour in June - Telluride to Moab, six days of riding with lots of climbing at elevation, should be some good training.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post

We've signed up for another mountain bike tour in June - Telluride to Moab, six days of riding with lots of climbing at elevation, should be some good training.

Veronica
    This sounds awesome!!!

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I'm tired today.

Today's workout with Shawna was entirely with the TRX. We started off with push ups - one foot in the stirrups, hand walk backwards so your feet are higher than your head, keep the free foot parallel to the foot in the stirrup, do ten push ups, switch feet, repeat.

We did a couple of other things then...

Both feet in the stirrups, elbows on a Bosu ball, basically plank position. Come up onto your hands, one hand at a time, then go back down onto your elbows. Do ten each side. This was paired with bicep and tricep work.

Finally, I did knee pull ins - both feet in the stirrups, elbows on a Bosu, pull your knees in toward your chest.

I so like doing stuff with the TRX, it much more of a whole body experience than just weights. But I need a nap!

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

"Zombies are more effective than rabbits..."

Thom and I did short intervals this morning. Typically he runs ahead of me; he's my rabbit, that I'll never catch. But today he was behind me, kind of pacing me. On the penultimate one he says that I have to stay ahead of the zombies. Now I know he can catch me, but I wanted to put it off as long as possible and somehow I managed to sprint 15 seconds faster than I ever have! Typically my sprints are between 5:15 - 5:30 pace, but somehow I came up with a 5:00 even! I was fried, but hey that's what super short sprints are for.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Nice work!! Sprints are killers. But then again, so are zombies.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Gotta love my guy - He emails me today, "I love you for your ...... BRAINS!"

The Zombie Apocalypse is the whole reason he got in shape.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com