Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

North American Handmade Bicycle Show

To disable ads, please log-in.

If you live within striking distance of Sacramento California come check out the show http://2012.handmadebicycleshow.com/

This is my second year, last year's show in Austin was fantastic.

If you come to the show please come find me! I will be at the Zimbale North America Booth
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    If you live within striking distance of Sacramento California come check out the show http://2012.handmadebicycleshow.com/

This is my second year, last year's show in Austin was fantastic.

If you come to the show please come find me! I will be at the Zimbale North America Booth

Ooh that's right, it's the weekend after next! (March 2-4)

LeeBob & I are going, and we'll be sure to stop by & say hi.

- Jo

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

The folks from Naked Bicycles are riding their NAHBS show bikes down the N Cal coast from Eureka to Sacramento this week.

The Road to NAHBS

I saw that blog post, is fun to read. Too bad his partner is sick
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I went a couple of years ago in Richmond and it was alot of fun.

Rivet Cycle Works will be there, they make leather cut-out saddles. I'm looking forward to checking them out
    (although admittedly I don't need a new saddle right now)

JoBob and Veronica, It was great to meet both of you and your DH's too. I did go ride the Rivet Saddle, I think I am going to order the Pearl. It is going to take me all week to recover from the trip, exhausting but glad we took the Zimbale Bag Line, was well received.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Did you end up staying in Winnemucca?

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

It was great to meet you, too! Those were very nice bags you were displaying.

And V, it was great to meet up with you & Thom at dinner. Too bad I could barely hear a word anyone was saying, what's with restaurants that insist on blaring loud music ??

I've booked my hotel room in Denver for this year's show, though I'm not 100% I'm going yet (timing a couple things out before buying a plane ticket). A riding partner of mine will have his new DeSalvo there, though he thinks it will be in Spectrum Powderwork's booth. I was hoping to meet Dave Kirk in person, as my name on his queue should be coming up right about that time, but I don't see him on the list of exhibitors, which would be a major bummer for me.

Is anyone else planning on going this year?
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Murielalex, I must have missed the thread where you said you were getting a Kirk. Color me jealous. A friend of mine has one (in a pearlescent red) that is about the prettiest bike I've ever seen. Excellent choice!

Spectrum's work is so worth seeing in person, if that helps you decide whether to go. The show is a lot of fun!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

So wish we were going. The Bag line we were the distributors for is in a flux and we are still looking for someone to make the bags for us so have to miss this year. We are going to the outdoor retailer show in SLC, just won't be the same.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Murielalex, I must have missed the thread where you said you were getting a Kirk. Color me jealous. A friend of mine has one (in a pearlescent red) that is about the prettiest bike I've ever seen. Excellent choice!

Spectrum's work is so worth seeing in person, if that helps you decide whether to go. The show is a lot of fun!
    I went back and forth between Tom Kellogg and Dave Kirk at the end of my decision making, along with a short list of others, and I knew I'd get a great bike either way. I think if I was going ti, I would have chosen Spectrum, but it just felt right to go steel and Kirk. Pearlescent red is one of the colors I'm considering. It's interesting: It took me a couple months of research to choose a builder, but I can't decide on a color for the life of me. I'm going to make myself crazy. I'm sure the show will complicate things more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    So wish we were going. The Bag line we were the distributors for is in a flux and we are still looking for someone to make the bags for us so have to miss this year. We are going to the outdoor retailer show in SLC, just won't be the same.
    I'm sorry you won't be there. I saw your post from last year. It would be nice to bump in to someone from this forum.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

It would take me forever and a day to decide on a paint scheme if I were in your shoes. Take my word for it though; the pearlescent red is gorgeous.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher